Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I know the bloke behind that account. Very well actually. Obsessed with likes and followers. He doesn't know a lot about football. He also lives in Kent and originates from Buckinghamshire. Click merchant. 
Moving away from that idiot for a minute, I do find it interesting everyone seems to think we're going for broke signing these older players on 'big money'. We haven't signed a single player over 30. If we fail, it won't be because these players miraculously lose the use of their legs in their old age, it will be because Gerrard sets us up wrong or the players aren't very good. 
I have absolutely no issue with signing players in the 28-30 age bracket when we have a lot of good younger players/players in their prime in the side. 

Oh, I thought he was the guy from Villa on Tour. Don't really know the guy, just thought he made a good point.

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Good point.

Players we have in the academy are potentially the best ever coming through.

Pure experience will tell you that only one or two will make it as a Villa first-teamer...this could be the crop that changes is.

In reality, only 1 or 2 actually become first team regulars for us. If that. 

But. 

You're right, the crop of youngsters coming through certainly have a lot of talent. 

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We could also potentially recoup £50m in sales from fringe players. So that will offset the spending so far. 

I once had a chat with a Man U fan down in London, where else? He was boasting about how good they were at unloading fringe players, a couple of mill here and there. He said their academy paid for itself or even ran at a profit. Not to mention the players that made it big for them. I think that we’re trying to work to a similar model. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm quote enjoying slaughtering some of these on Twitter 😂

I don't know whose fans are more delusional: Arsenal's or Newcastle's?  🤣

52 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We are apparently the new Everton because we signed two players aged 29. Heaven above. 

Surely "doing an Everton" would be collecting hugely expensive players on massive wages from the benches of the top 6 because they aren't good enough for those teams and then wondering why those players 1) don't have the stomach for it anymore and 2) aren't good enough to make your team top 6

Edited by villa4europe

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Newcastle I’d say. At least Arsenal can point at fairly recent success. They’re still a funny lot though. Unlike us who always offer an insightful balanced view on a whole range of subjects as well as football. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Everton forum is currently discussing selling Demarai Grey for 20m, maybe add them to your list of delusional fans too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That's alright for you, fella, but I am 78 and I would quite like to experience once again some of the success that I have experienced in the past with this club before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

Ok just for you… we sign naymar too 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Gerrard had rightly surmised we had very few players who had 3+ years of Premier League experience. No players who had learned senior top level football at other clubs. 

Crazy as it sounds we had only Danny Ings and Ashley Young in our squad with 3+ years experience of Premier League football experience or European football experience. 

Now we've got Ings, Young, Chambers, Coutinho, Digne, Carlos, maybe Suarez next as very experienced players. You add in McGinn, Mings, Martinez and we now have a new core group of senior experienced professionals and that should stand us in good stead in those crunch moments. Toughen us up and mental strength.

Kamara has played 28 games in Europe at 22yo. So he is experienced for his age too

Not really true, Martinez has played more European games than Ings. Anwar has scored in the Champions League so did Bailey. Mings and McGinn played at the Euros

Sanson and Traore have played in European finals

20 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That's alright for you, fella, but I am 78 and I would quite like to experience once again some of the success that I have experienced in the past with this club before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

With you on this. I’m 74 and fed up with living in the past.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I love this post .... I'm 73 and I enjoy every moment of supporting Villa, win, lose or draw. I"m excitedly sharing your hopes for a couple of seasons of golden Villa.   I thought I was the oldest on here Antrim, so I raise my hat to you out of respect to you my mature friend!

I've supported Villa since the 1950's and if we never win anything more during my admittedly time limited lifetime, I will still be a very happy and contented guy. Perhaps the handful of anti Gerrard posters will read this and realise that you don't 'support' Villa with a limited agenda .... you support Villa (warts and all) for life. Cheers Antrim.

Great post. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Everton forum is currently discussing selling Demarai Grey for 20m, maybe add them to your list of delusional fans too

Is it really the whole forum, or just the one fan?

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Villa fans are still stuck in the past where you have like 13 or 14 first team players and another 6 or 7 back ups.

Gerrard has stated he wants two players for every position. So we have signed Diego Carlos and one CB will leave. We all know it will be Hause yet we keep saying Mings. Hause is back up player level, Mings is first team competition level player

Yeah i agree. If was down to me it would be hause being sold