Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yeah this is what I signed up for under Lange and Purslow. Why I am so downhearted with the project

But we are buying some top young talent as well - especially at academy/youth level.

Building for the future is great but if you keep doing that, the present gets neglected. You can do both. Buy for now and the immediate future and also for the long term future. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

It's possible PSG is skewing those figures slightly?

If you remove PSG the average ranking of Ligue 1 drops to 59.04 but if you remove Inter from Serie A it drops them to 62.54, so the gap widens a bit more, yes.

But a 3-point gap is already significant, which is reflected by the gap between the Premier League and La Liga. Regardless the size, @Philosopher's comment that Serie A is on the same level of Ligue 1 "at best" when it's clearly above remains off base.

Can any of our finance gurus tell us how we are doing, and howuch more we might be able to spend?

Kamara - FREE (Big wages )

Carlos - 26 mill apparently ( Surely big wages )

I read somewhere that, the sale of Jack probably really kicks in FFP wise this season, meaning we can spend quite a bit?

So say is we cap our spending at 100 mill ( Bissouma and Bassey in for example )

Plus can pull in 30 - 40 mill, we still look good financially, going forward?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Look at the level of the players we're bringing in. Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Carlos. A cut above the players we have.

Agree but at the same time it still feels a bit natural, we bought players to keep us up, we bought players to push us on a bit further, then we blipped but now we're back to buying players to have a proper crack at it 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think the pulling power of Gerrard and how it can advance the club has been so underrated. 

I completely agree with this. I love Deano but no way we were signing this calibre of player under him.

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Look at the level of the players we're bringing in. Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Carlos. A cut above the players we have.

Buendia, Bailey & Ings were decent signings, although the latter two don't quite fit into Gerrard's style of play. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Buendia, Bailey & Ings were decent signings, although the latter two don't quite fit into Gerrard's style of play. 

Ings does tbf, he just hasn't finished his chances like he would normally

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Konsa is the most likely as he is surplus to requirements, but I'm not against selling Mcginn and Watkins if we get decent offers for them. 

Who would we replace two ever present players with then? Selling McGinn and Watkins is lunacy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Konsa is the most likely as he is surplus to requirements, but I'm not against selling Mcginn and Watkins if we get decent offers for them. 

I just don’t think McGinn is suited to the football he wants to play, possession based, Watkins just ain’t a finisher if we had someone else up top Sunday we would have been out of sight 

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Ings does tbf, he just hasn't finished his chances like he would normally

Funny you say that as I was looking at Ings's career stats and he averages a goal every 3 games (same as Watkins). Not quite the deadly striker his reputation suggests.