Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

His agent confirmed he's in talks with Arsenal, dependent on them getting top 4 though so we're some way off that signing.

I do wonder if Liverpool might decide to cash in on Firmino given he hasn't played much at all last two months yet they haven't really missed him.

Given he dosen't score much that signing could divide people but fits in with experience Gerrard wants and Coutinho would certainly be putting in a good word in their future Brazil meet ups.

I think if Firmino leaves Liverpool he'll end up in Spain or Italy. He's run so damned much in his career that he's reaching the point where his legs just can't match the demand anymore, so a more leisurely cruise through La Liga or Serie A seems a soft landing for him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Meaning Evil are saying we're after David from Lille. Crap source but thoughts? 13 goals in Ligue 1.

I think he's a more effective player for a counter-attacking style. He'd be a great long-term idea at Spurs if Conte sticks around. Given what Gerrard has said about how he wants us playing, I don't know that he's a sensible fit.

seeing as we have a lot of oldies in the squad, why not get juan mata in for a year or so? great experience to have in the dressing room and the type of player i can see coming on and changing a game with a great through ball or accurate cross. could do worse on a free

2 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Alex Lowry. I will say no more. Probably said too much. 

The Rangers lad? He signed a new contract six days ago so if there’s something in it then it’d be a faster turnaround than Fabian Delph…

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

Based on what? He’s 24 years old and the last 4 years played for Roma, Chelsea and Villa in the Championship.  You’re surely not basing it on before that?

Probably? But also probably not.  I don’t know even how you are guessing this.

Have you watched him? When he was with us, when he was with Chelsea and now Roma.  Yes not quite at Ollie’s level but not that short of it plus he brings goals.

He would easily start for us, would be the best striker in our squad.

You're a knowledgeable poster. 9 out 10 I read what you post and I knod my head in agreement.  Tammy during our promotion campaign was immense. Outside of Jack, he was second in securing our PL place. I just don't think he can deliver what Steven is looking for in a striker. Agree to disagree on this one. UTV.

• Like 1

Ideal signings:-

Olsen 

Gomez 

Hickey 

Kamara 

Luiz new contract or Bissouma 

That really does not cost very much at all. 

Martinez, Olsen, Sinsalo

Cash, KKH

Digne, Hickey 

Gomez, Chambers

Mings, Konsa 

Kamara, Nakamba, Tim I 

McGinn, Carney 

Luiz, Ramsey 

Buendia, Bailey 

Coutinho, JPB

Watkins, Ings, Archer 

25th man - Ashley Young

Sell - Steer, Guilbert, Hause, Targett, Sanson, Trez, El Ghazi, Traore, Davis, Wesley 

I have a feeling though, that the changes will be even more vast than this, and we’ll see an extra midfield and an extra forward come in to take us to the next level!

• Like 2

Aribo would be an interesting one, we don't have many tall outfield players so he would add a bit of height and Gerrard seems to rate him. You would think he would pick us out of Brentford and Palace, but then again he is from Camberwell and might fancy being around the corner from home and playing in a skilful team under Veira. Not too fussed about that one, if it comes off then be interesting to see but if not then I don't think it would be a huge loss.

Edited by Villatillidie95

Aribo can play as an 8 or a narrow 10 which suits Gerrards system. As a back up he would be an astute signing. He may even fancy himself breaking into the side. I don’t see any future for Bailey or Sanson if we were to purchase him. To be honest, I don’t see one if we didn’t buy him.

For what it’s worth, being linked to Rangers players great, just because it causes chaos on their forums. They hate us. 

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Aribo can play as an 8 or a narrow 10 which suits Gerrards system. As a back up he would be an astute signing. He may even fancy himself breaking into the side. I don’t see any future for Bailey or Sanson if we were to purchase him. To be honest, I don’t see one if we didn’t buy him.

For what it’s worth, being linked to Rangers players great, just because it causes chaos on their forums. They hate us. 

The more other teams hate us the better we’re doing. 😄

Rather give Chuk, Ramsey, Buendia, Coutinho, McGinn, Luiz... minutes than sign Aribo. Without having watched him for more than a few games he seems like a rotation level player and we already have those, even if some are moved on.

Sign starting 11 players and use the academy guys as squad players.

Also seen us linked to some Rangers defender called Calvin Bassey. Apparently he's a LB?