Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Kondogbia  - £15m, alongside Bissouma - £30m would be class as the double pivot. We could play all sorts of formations with those two to choose from.

Are we actually after Bissouma given Purslows flippant joke about Bissouma after the Brighton game? Would tend me to believe we aren’t after him after he said that.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, MCU said:

Why spend all this money when you have a Chuk about to rip the bundesliga up and become a Bellingham mk ll

Not sure if sarcasm or not but Chuk isn't a defensive midfielder. If he stayed we could easily play him and whichever of Kondogbia, Kamara or even Bissouma signed.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kondogbia was being bullied by a little guy in the Bilbao midfield on Saturday night

Maybe some further research is needed on him

Maybe we don't need a brick shithouse midfielder to be a good defensive player?  

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Don’t get this fascination over kondogbia, he’s ok but we should be looking at better esp with Kamara for free, younger and better imo

If they have set their sights on Kondogbia, part of the reason could be that some of the other alternatives are too hard to get. Many top clubs would want Kamara for free.

Maybe I'm in the minority...  but honestly I hope Villa don't try for Phillips.  His injury history is as bad as Grealish.  I'd rather see us go after one of the younger DM players that has been bandied about.  Where is that Venn Diagram??  It never lies!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Don’t get this fascination over kondogbia, he’s ok but we should be looking at better esp with Kamara for free, younger and better imo

clearly rubbish and not good enough for us.

Just like Bentancur.

And Coutinho.

And Digne.

:trollface:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If they have set their sights on Kondogbia, part of the reason could be that some of the other alternatives are too hard to get. Many top clubs would want Kamara for free.

Or we're using the media to float the idea of kondogbia to make our contract offer to kamara more agreeable

All in the game yo

But seriously I hate this time of year, its all a load of bollocks that can't be trusted 

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Just like Bentancur.

And Coutinho.

And Digne.

Haha I wanted bentencur to sign as seen him plenty of times for Juve, would have easily improved us, just have to see him for spurs to see that

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Just like Bentancur.

And Coutinho.

And Digne.

Another 29 year old OAP. No thanks.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or we're using the media to float the idea of kondogbia to make our contract offer to kamara more agreeable

All in the game yo

But seriously I hate this time of year, its all a load of bollocks that can't be trusted 

If it came down to us and Atletico for Kamara we havent really got a chance plus they are paying much higher wages. Kondogbia for example came in as a backup signing and only Coutinho, Digne, Ings and maybe Martinez are on more money than he is currently on

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If it came down to us and Atletico for Kamara we havent really got a chance plus they are paying much higher wages. Kondogbia for example came in as a backup signing and only Coutinho, Digne, Ings and maybe Martinez are on more money than he is currently on

But what if kamaras agent is floating the idea of atletico being interested in order to make us agree to his terms? 

:detect:

Its all smoke and mirrors

37 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

I'd rather see us go after one of the younger DM players that has been bandied about.  Where is that Venn Diagram??  It never lies!!

Is he Dutch and playing in the Eredivisie? 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority...  but honestly I hope Villa don't try for Phillips.  His injury history is as bad as Grealish.  I'd rather see us go after one of the younger DM players that has been bandied about.  Where is that Venn Diagram??  It never lies!!

Philips is class. he was only always injured because of the way Bielsa used to train them to death. He's nearly finished Bamford.

Once he starts his less intense training with us and starts lowering his work rate playing laboured slow football, Villa style, he'll be fine. 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Philips is class. he was only always injured because of the way Bielsa used to train them to death. He's nearly finished Bamford.

Once he starts his less intense training with us and starts lowering his work rate playing laboured slow football, Villa style, he'll be fine. 😂

Joking aside, I’m seriously not sure Phillips will remain the same player without Bielsa being his mentor (and slave driver). Another reason to think twice about signing him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rbcuk said:

and him being 29