Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Chill out, we don’t have blasphemy laws.

You wouldn't make fun of anyone's sexuality, race etc.

I bet you wouldn't take the piss out of islam, sikhism, hinduism - which plenty of fans are.

Yet its fine to take the piss out of christianity?

I'm not trying to be thought police. A modicum of respect is not a lot to ask. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You wouldn't make fun of anyone's sexuality, race etc.

I bet you wouldn't take the piss out of islam, sikhism, hinduism - which plenty of fans are.

Yet its fine to take the piss out of christianity?

I'm not trying to be thought police. A modicum of respect is not a lot to ask. 

I would take the piss, but that’s besides the point.

I’m a catholic too, jokes are jokes.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

It's written in a book. How much more evidence do you need?

Indeed. Possibly By people with severe mental illnesses!  😭

Each to their own but you should be equally allowed to mock religion of you think it's all a bunch of shite as much as people who believe it defend it innit. People moaning on a football forum about a crass religious joke is just silly!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Indeed. Possibly By people with severe mental illnesses!  😭

Each to their own but you should be equally allowed to mock religion of you think it's all a bunch of shite as much as people who believe it defend it innit. People moaning on a football forum about a crass religious joke is just silly!

It was a good joke, nothing offensive to it. I’m Christian and have no issue with jokes being made in the right context, same as any other person. I don’t believe you should be allowed to actually mock religion. The same as you wouldn’t mock anybody else in polite society for any of their beliefs. But a joke is a joke.

I thought a lot of things when I popped in here this morning. I didn’t expect an ecumenical debate. 

How about we all try to get back on topic and leave the Christianity jokes etc. behind. 

59 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I thought a lot of things when I popped in here this morning. I didn’t expect an ecumenical debate. 

How about we all try to get back on topic and leave the Christianity jokes etc. behind. 

I pray this happens 😉😁

34 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

spacer.png

If you want I can give you a few tips.

"Nothing too specific - a few all-purpose sentences, like 'That would be an ecumenical matter. 'Yes, I can't think of any religious question that can't be answered by that.

• Haha 2

I mentioned this in his own thread, but what about Ramsey from the left in a 4-2-3-1 formation? He has a lot of attributes that really suit that position…

——————Watkins——————
Ramsey——Coutinho—Buendia
—————New—New——————

If you bring in two, quality defensive midfielders (I know I sound like a broken record) like Phillips and Bissouma, that team right there has a helluva lot of running in it, a lot of pace, a fair bit of aggression and it also has the quality from the likes of Coutinho and Buendia to pick teams apart.

Ramsey has all the attributes to play on the left except maybe crossing, but he can work on that and he’ll have Digne on his outside. He’s quick, direct, strong, has a cracking left foot and he wants to score goals. He can also press from the front and always puts a shift in. Don’t know, seems to make a lot of sense to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

that-would-be-an-ecumenical-matter.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

And we’d have not addressed centre back issues.

The way Mings is playing at the moment, we don’t have centre back issues. Him and Chambers have got a nice little partnership going there