Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I suspect Villa’s current midfield will be sold to other clubs in the summer with the exception of Ramsey. Luiz, McGinn and Sanson will be offloaded and replaced by much better. No way Gerrard is going to persist with the current crop after what he’s already seen.

I also suspect Gomez will be signed to replace Mings or Konsa.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, striker said:

I suspect Villa’s current midfield will be sold to other clubs in the summer with the exception of Ramsey. Luiz, McGinn and Sanson will be offloaded and replaced by much better. No way Gerrard is going to persist with the current crop after what he’s already seen.

But we will have to persist with Gerrard and Gomez?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

still not convinced on Vertout, buy Gueye wanted us as a stepping stone, made it clear....but I get your point.

I'm with Gerrard, lets remove the excuses.

Gerrard wants us as a stepping stone

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, striker said:

Luiz and Sanson will do better elsewhere though like Veretout and Gana

Is that not bad management decisions. If Sanson goes then surely Lange must go too. Not saying either are bad at the job but at this stage arent great investments

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He'll have to get us pretty good for that to happen.

Regular top six or even top four and winning a trophy.

I hope he can deliver that but the odds are stacked against us!

I will be more than happy for him to use Villa as a stepping stone if it means we’re near the top of the league, making a European competition and competing for domestic cups.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TRO said:

still not convinced on Vertout

I'm sure when Douglas Luiz is playing in the Champions League and above us for the rest of his career, you still won't be convinced on him either.

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I'm with Gerrard, lets remove the excuses.

Love that mantra from him. Love it.

So I want to see more.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think we should be getting rid of sanson u til he is giving a opportunity in the squad. I do have some sympathy with luiz too as he clearly isnt a dm

I agree and John McGinn is not a player that naturally sits back to allow his fullback to get forward.  Both are doing a job asked of them but we will find the right players for those positions in the summer.

The rest of the season is about getting everyone used to the system and although I was annoyed after Newcastle now I am clinging to there is a bigger picture!

Sometimes we will look great others shocking typical mid table team.

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'm feeling a bit disillusioned, I feel we have most of the tools and aren't getting what we should from them.

We are close but have too many attack minded players. All the best teams have balance. If you want to play attacking full backs plus Phil, Emi and JJ, then you need 2 proper physical and disciplined DM’s. I think Gerrard is trying to bed in the system so that the players are used to it. He will get the missing links in the summer and we will be much better next season. 

• Thanks 1

If we continue to struggle the rest of the season I would be hesitant to back Gerrard in the transfer market. Maybe we don't have top 6 quality squad, but surely the players we have are good enough to beat this years' Leeds, Newcastle and Brentford sides.  

8 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

If we continue to struggle the rest of the season I would be hesitant to back Gerrard in the transfer market. Maybe we don't have top 6 quality squad, but surely the players we have are good enough to beat this years' Leeds, Newcastle and Brentford sides.  

I would back him simply because of the calibre of players he has already bought into the club in January a tome thats beey difficult 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Not necessarily. The major fault with some of our players is inconsistency. On a good day we should win but who knows which version will turn up? This is why we need better players - regular high level performance.