Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Ollie is far away from being priceless. You wouldn't accept £90,000,000 for Ollie Watkins? I'd cut my holiday short, fly home and pack for him for that. Obscene money for a player of his ability.

He is priceless as we have no cover. No Ollie = No goals at the moment.  We need another striker. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

Superb long range pass to create Buendia chance, was his weaker foot too many players couldn't play a pass like that with their stronger foot.

Especially since mcginns pass put him into trouble so he had to quickly move it along. 

Started well but faded rapidly. Strangely the drinks break killed his energy. Once they stopped the adrenaline which carried him and others went and the heat got to them I think.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Dare I say a bit subdued in preseason? Does Tielemans start ahead of him in a 2 man midfield?

I assume we start with Luiz, Tielemans, Kamara, McGinn, Diaby and Watkins as the midfield/attack especially against Newcastle first game.

• Like 2

On 24/07/2023 at 10:09, Don_Simon said:

Archer. Direct cover. Right there.

Archer has goals in him, but he needs a partner. Archer could play with Diaby if Diaby was playing as a striker not a right winger. But I think Archer and Duran would be a good back up strike partnership. 

Preseason is not a time to judge a lot of players. Particularly someone like Kamara who has to play with aggression and most of his work is about closing down and making tackles. 

On the flip side someone like Luiz, who's main strength is ball distribution, actually looks better as he gets a bit more time and space on the ball than normal.

I'm itching to see a midfield 3 of Kamara in the middle, and Luiz and Tielemens either side of him. The ball retention, passing ability, and positioning of those 3, as well as all 3 protect the defense well. The potential of that midfield is frightening.

14 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Dare I say a bit subdued in preseason? Does Tielemans start ahead of him in a 2 man midfield?

I watched the game back last night. Kamara played a lovely ball for Archer to win the penalty and also played a great, long crossfield ball to Digne in the lead up to our first goal. He was maybe a bit quieter in his aggression (it is pre-season) but for me, he has to start because of his defensive qualities.

Can't remember a time when we had this quality of options in our central midfield though? Great problem to have 

Edited by Biskitt
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

I assume we start with Luiz, Tielemans, Kamara, McGinn, Diaby and Watkins as the midfield/attack especially against Newcastle first game.

I think it will be Buendia instead of of Tielemans, Kamara or Luiz 

On 24/07/2023 at 21:08, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is priceless as we have no cover. No Ollie = No goals at the moment.  We need another striker. 

Just found out Diaby played striker  youth career. Emery said that he can play striker was reason for signing or words to that effect. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think it will be Buendia instead of of Tielemans, Kamara or Luiz 

Great problem for the boss to have isn’t it , really looking forward to the season 

3 minutes ago, Chine said:

Great problem for the boss to have isn’t it , really looking forward to the season 

I don’t see any of the 3 playing together they are all suited play in a 2 in the middle.

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t see any of the 3 playing together they are all suited play in a 2 in the middle.

I think we will see all sorts of rotation from Unai . 

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

weirdly, i thought similar.

Kamara is clearly class, but i think Tielemans and Luiz have been better in pre-season so far.

Maybe the saving grace is that Kamara is the proper DM of the 3, where as Luiz and Tielemans are more of the DLP/no.8 types.

• Like 1

Â