Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, jayEm said:

What's annoying is we don't even benefit that much from him getting a rest. After Burnley we play Middlesbrough on the 6th in the Cup, Everton on the 14th, and Newcastle on the 30th. Three games in the whole month of January.

Four if we beat Boro.

19 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

"great job, Son, nothing I like more than a bit of 18 pence from my Goalkeeper".

I don't know what this phrase means, but I like it.

I would like to hear Emery saying it to an admonished Martinez.

It was idiotic in the most extreme sense because it was right in front of the referee.

The fact that he has to spin the lad around to pull it off makes it all the more idiotic.

It would literally have been easier to shove him in the back and earn a yellow card at worst, but possibly none at all.

Whatever the reasoning behind it, he should be deeply embarrassed. 

Edited by est1874

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

You think it would have wasted more time if he'd just stood there, rather than the 25 man melee that took 3 mins?

Disagree.

Martinez was a tit. But he's an expert tit. He plays these shitty games in the spirit of winning us matches.

If we were losing he takes the FK and leaves Maupay there.

He has zero blame on him for Kamara shoving someone. HE lost his head.

Probably not but means no further red cards, yellow cards and a fine.   He’s an expert tit but I doubt he intended for all that to happen. He was just riled by Maupay.

In the heat of battle, its not easy to comprehend reason or cap passion.

They are humans, with emotions.

I sometimes wonder, how they keep their cool, as much as they do.

We need Vinnie Jones as a calming Coach.😄

PS when UE gets booked, is there any hope for anybody.....He is the epitome of Composure.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

It was idiotic in the most extreme sense because it was right in front of the referee.

I think the Brentford player lashes out and throws an arm across him first, it might brush his chest or stomach, but it certainly seemed to upset him.

In the atmosphere that had developed, he's gone one step too far, he'll learn from that.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Aren't they reset after the first 19 games so that should mean yes.

1 game ban for 5 yellows in first 19 games. Then 2 game ban for 10 yellows in first 32 games. 

I think!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah I think the clever thing to do was for Martinez to leave Maupay on the floor and waste more time that way.

He tried to pick him up because he lost his head. Burnley players lost their shit off the back of it because they were losing and felt like everything was going against them. Emi shouldn’t have tried to pull him up but I totally get how someone like Maupay can wind a person up.  It’s just a shame that the ref felt he had to send someone off and picked Kamara even though there was all sorts of pushing and shoving going on. Hand out a few yellow cards and get on with it. 

Both clubs will get fined though. 

Burnley players lost their shit too……well they are used to losing aren’t they.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the Brentford player lashes out and throws an arm across him first, it might brush his chest or stomach, but it certainly seemed to upset him.

In the atmosphere that had developed, he's gone one step too far, he'll learn from that.

Lashed out a few of times. Believe once at Moreno and then 2 or 3 times at Kamara who was initially just trying to grab his arm and pull him away from the fracas.

The truth is that Kamara suffered a career ending injury in the Sheffield Utd game, and this shook the team so much that we didn't win again all season, Emery was sacked, the board lost interest and AVFC ceased to exist by 2027.

Fortunately, the red card means that the above timeline (the darkest timeline) does not happen and instead we win all three of our next games, and Kamara returns refreshed and revitalised afterwards and goes on to become Premier League player of the season.

• Like 3

He should not have given the referee the chance to send him off, no question. However if our world class, World Cup winning goalkeeper hadn’t behaved like an utter dick he would not have found himself in a situation that that he felt he had to get involved in. Martinez is seen as a leader and that brings with it responsibility, yesterday he behaved like a child, the red card was set up by Martinez. He is a fabulous goalkeeper but more subtle players than Maupay will provoke him and ultimately he will cost us points unless he chooses to control his “ bad ass” image.

Edited by smg
  • Confused 1

In the context of the match at that point, the Kamara red seems harsh. Several others on both sides deserved reds. But the ref was trying to get back control -- can't blame him -- and Kamara served it up neatly for the ref. I don't really fault anyone except Mee and the man in the crown at Brentford. I don't think Ollie would have been so upset if the abuse hadn't been pretty vile. But after that, it just spiraled. It seemed almost cathartic. Not sure there are too many lessons to be learned here. We need to focus on beating Sheffield.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

40 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It was a great 3 points, but I wonder how many points this stupidity might cost us over the next 3 games.

This is my worry, but I think it's just the United game that we should worry about. Burnley and Sheffield at home are not difficult fixtures. Still, 6 points from 9 would feel like a disappointment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The truth is that Kamara suffered a career ending injury in the Sheffield Utd game, and this shook the team so much that we didn't win again all season, Emery was sacked, the board lost interest and AVFC ceased to exist by 2027.

Fortunately, the red card means that the above timeline (the darkest timeline) does not happen and instead we win all three of our next games, and Kamara returns refreshed and revitalised afterwards and goes on to become Premier League player of the season.

Kamara got injured last season and missed 8 games under Emery, we did pretty well without him, only lost once, which coincidently was away to United 😢

Â