Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Douglas and Kamara:

Villa have been beaten only twice in the Premier League when the two men have started together - and one of those was lost after the partnership was broken up by a late substitution. The run of results that saw Gerrard sacked came with Kamara injured.

That will baffle Steven. Even when Kamara was fit he played McGinn and Ramsey with him!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Douglas and Kamara:

That will baffle Steven. Even when Kamara was fit he played McGinn and Ramsey with him!

I vaguely recall him using Doug and Kamara and us looking good, then he broke it up for seemingly no reason and never went back to it. What a loser he was. 

• Like 4

Just now, MrBlack said:

I vaguely recall him using Doug and Kamara and us looking good, then he broke it up for seemingly no reason and never went back to it. What a loser he was. 

Yes well remembered, against City wasn't it?

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Actually against City Luiz came and we got the draw. 

That could be what I'm thinking of,  and then he didn't use it again after that game maybe.

There could well be another game where they started (possibly the one referenced in the quote above) where it was working fine then he changed it and we then lost. 

Either way, it was a proper enigma for the duration of his time here. They had the perfect skillset to do the obscure covering role he wanted of them, and he was blind to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That could be what I'm thinking of,  and then he didn't use it again after that game maybe.

There could well be another game where they started (possibly the one referenced in the quote above) where it was working fine then he changed it and we then lost. 

Either way, it was a proper enigma for the duration of his time here. They had the perfect skillset to do the obscure covering role he wanted of them, and he was blind to it.

I’m actually looking forward adding Guendouzi to them. 

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

West Ham at home? Weren't creating much as a team but those pair were working well, largely controlling the midfield. Gerrard took Luiz off for Ramsey and they scored soon after without Villa ever looking any danger at all.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

West Ham at home? Weren't creating much as a team but those pair were working well, largely controlling the midfield. Gerrard took Luiz off for Ramsey and they scored soon after without Villa ever looking any danger at all.

Yes that's it. Thanks. 

In some ways, it's good he didn't accidentally latch on to how good they were, as we'd probably still be stuck with him and wouldn't have Emery.

8 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

That’s not an article on sky. That’s them touting him to sell him the bastards! 

I’ve just read the article/sales pitch and came to post the same.

I wish there was a way for our players to get recognition for their excellence but without being noticed. 

21 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Fascinating that the process to sign him started under Dean Smith. These things can take so much more time than we realise.

You mean it didn't start with Gerrard looking him in the eyes over a cuppa on the kitchen counter???

On 25/01/2023 at 12:43, Sulberto21 said:

That’s not an article on sky. That’s them touting him to sell him the bastards! 

the comments are funny....one villa fan after another all saying things like "nah been bang average all season...i'd write an article on someone else"

Â