Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

He plays at such a high level which makes today seem so confounding. He seemed unfocused today. We can't forget that he's still quite young and in his first campaign in this league. I expect a bounce back next week.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Rodgers admitted that they set out to target Bouba and it worked.

Honeslty I'd disagree. I think the first mistake **** him over mentally. He was moving a lot less today to get open for the pass. In their third he was making a lot of nice passes for isnatjce. But was definitely hiding more than normal. 

Also for their 3rd I think it probably should ahve been called a foul. Maddison got the ball but Kamara would have kept it if he hadn't clipped his heels. If the only reason a player wins the ball is because he hacked someone down it should be a fouls regardless of whether he got a toe in on the ball initially. 

• Like 2

This mistake will happen to other players as well. The team is being coached to take risks playing out from the back in order to keep possession. It’s not pretty at times but I can’t see it changing. I said months ago that we’d concede goals by playing this way. I guess you just have to weigh up whether it’s a net positive overall playing in this fashion. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its how we are being coached to play. Olsen did the same at United and people wanted him sacked 😂

That’s  whole point of playing out the back though isn’t it,  trigger the press and play through it , rather than passing it aimlessly along the back 4. It’s a work in progress that will eventually pay dividends.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its how we are being coached to play. Olsen did the same at United and people wanted him sacked 😂

It's not playing out from the back that is the issue. It's players not playing the ball first time to move the ball quickly(something they practice daily) and pissing around with it in dangerous areas trying to take several touches. Dendoncker did it v Stevenage and Kamara today. It's poor awareness. The pass wasn't in the best location but the receiver of the ball still has time to clear. Kamara was at fault for they goal. He arguably should've grabbed the ball when going down leading to their 3rd goal too.

He had a mare. No two ways about it. Leicester look like they were the first team we played that actually did their homework on him. They blocked his pivot. He’ll need to learn that the ball has to move on a bit quicker when this happens. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Rodgers admitted that they set out to target Bouba and it worked.

Interesting. Was quite a bold tactic given Kamara was exceptional in being press resistant v Leeds so get the feeling it's Rodgers just being a bit cocky after a good win.

Of the two Luiz is always the one to target as he can dwell on the ball and give it away carelessly in games he's not on it.

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This mistake will happen to other players as well. The team is being coached to take risks playing out from the back in order to keep possession. It’s not pretty at times but I can’t see it changing. I said months ago that we’d concede goals by playing this way. I guess you just have to weigh up whether it’s a net positive overall playing in this fashion. 

IMO if you feel the touch of opposition when receiving the ball you really shouldn't then be attempting to turn and dribble round them. Just play it quickly back to Emi who can then knock it wide or upfield.

It's just not worth it when we're 1-0 up after 10 minutes and VP is rocking. Manage game for 10 minutes and then we might get another big chance to make it 2-0.

It's how the teams who finish high up in leagues and win trophies tend to manage games anyway.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting. Was quite a bold tactic given Kamara was exceptional in being press resistant v Leeds so get the feeling it's Rodgers just being a bit cocky after a good win.

Of the two Luiz is always the one to target as he can dwell on the ball and give it away carelessly in games he's not on it.

Difference is Luiz has had plenty of seasons to learn his lesson and dwells on it a lot less. Kamara will learn. 

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Difference is Luiz has had plenty of seasons to learn his lesson and dwells on it a lot less. Kamara will learn. 

Luiz was giving it away constantly v Wolves so he still has it in it given he's generally a mid table player albeit when he's on it like Spurs game he looks far better than that level.

Â