Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

He's probably our best outfield player and has had a great first season but that was his worst game yesterday by far. I think he is culpable for the first and third of their goals which were crucial goals in the game. 

Probably too cool for his own good at times. Needs to release the ball a bit quicker under pressure if a team is aggressively pressing us like Leicester did yesterday. 

I think Leicester targeted him yesterday, they were aware he likes to take the ball from the back 4 and I think we're happy for him to take a first touch and waited for him to dwell on the ball. They pressed him and Luiz very well and that often led to the mistakes. 

They will learn and come back better players for it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think Leicester targeted him yesterday, they were aware he likes to take the ball from the back 4 and I think we're happy for him to take a first touch and waited for him to dwell on the ball. They pressed him and Luiz very well and that often led to the mistakes. 

They will learn and come back better players for it.

Bit of a concern though because if that was our way of playing, and Leicester have shown how to handle it, then we will need to come up with a whole new way of playing. Concerned by that defeat - could be the start of a bit of a decline in form. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Tayls said:

Bit of a concern though because if that was our way of playing, and Leicester have shown how to handle it, then we will need to come up with a whole new way of playing. Concerned by that defeat - could be the start of a bit of a decline in form. 

Bearing in mind the next couple of games, if we lose them I wouldn't call it a decline in form.  For me they are both free hits.

And a poor game from Kamara whilst it helped cost us the game, isn't always a bad thing. Helps ground people sometimes.  Also keeps him off the radar because pundits slated him on that performance.  We know how good he is so if outsiders disagree that's good news for us.

• Like 4

On 04/02/2023 at 17:56, The_Steve said:

Rodgers admitted that they set out to target Bouba and it worked.

Just wanted to put pressure on our player that we (rightfully) trust in those positions. Not that he's a target because he's poor on the ball or anything.

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Just wanted to put pressure on our player that we (rightfully) trust in those positions. Not that he's a target because he's poor on the ball or anything.

We have to essentilly learn that if He's targeted like that, it frees up space somewhere else to exploit. Practise and coaching will fix this.

• Like 3

Yeah people avoid criticising Bouba for his poor game, and amplifying their criticisms to other players.

I guess because he has been mostly outstanding he has credit in the bank.

One of the pods did say it was tactically briliant by Rogers to realise that he is basically the engine room, so shut him down and we can easily be got at.

Seems this was Leicester tactic.

We DO need another high-quality play in the midfield who can help him out at times though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He is a sublime player....but he looked like a player who was unwell, on Saturday.

Not his usual self....but the majority of the team was off it.

The first one he had confidence in himself to get out of the situation (can't say I blame him) but got caught. But yeah, he should have released it.

The second one, his first touch killed it. Unfortunately a shaky first touch will occasionally happen to even the best players when playing out from the back into those tight areas, and occasionally it will be punished like it was on Saturday. As long as the reward outweighs the risk I'm sure Emery will want to keep doing it long term.

Lets face it. Until Saturday he was looking world class in our eyes.  And we could not believe how lucky we were to have him and how the supposedly bigger clubs had missed out on him. I had him in my all time favourite Villa XI based on the last 6 months already ! He gives Grealish vibes in how cool in possession he has been. 

Is this something that has happened regularly at Marseille. Does he have a bad game regularly enough in the past for scouts to pass on him?  I doubt it but worth the question that i do not know the answer to. 

It is going to be interesting to see if he bounces straight back to being the killer we have seen so far. Because if he does then i can more than handle 1 bad game in 10. 

Our 2 best players were shit on Saturday  it happens. Will they bounce back immediately is the more interesting question . 

On 06/02/2023 at 10:49, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah people avoid criticising Bouba for his poor game, and amplifying their criticisms to other players.

I guess because he has been mostly outstanding he has credit in the bank.

One of the pods did say it was tactically briliant by Rogers to realise that he is basically the engine room, so shut him down and we can easily be got at.

Seems this was Leicester tactic.

We DO need another high-quality play in the midfield who can help him out at times though.

Dougie was outstanding against Leicester.

• Like 2

On 06/02/2023 at 19:38, MWARLEY2 said:

Lets face it. Until Saturday he was looking world class in our eyes.  And we could not believe how lucky we were to have him and how the supposedly bigger clubs had missed out on him. I had him in my all time favourite Villa XI based on the last 6 months already ! He gives Grealish vibes in how cool in possession he has been. 

Is this something that has happened regularly at Marseille. Does he have a bad game regularly enough in the past for scouts to pass on him?  I doubt it but worth the question that i do not know the answer to. 

It is going to be interesting to see if he bounces straight back to being the killer we have seen so far. Because if he does then i can more than handle 1 bad game in 10. 

Our 2 best players were shit on Saturday  it happens. Will they bounce back immediately is the more interesting question . 

I never actually saw this. Really like and rate him but I always felt he was getting massively over hyped by our fans. He’s a very good player but as I’ve said before he’s at Villa rather than one of the champions league clubs for a reason. Obviously very glad about that but I do think our fans get carried away sometimes. 

• Like 2

On 06/02/2023 at 19:38, MWARLEY2 said:

Lets face it. Until Saturday he was looking world class in our eyes. 

We will soon find out. When the opposition exploits a weakness in their game, world class players find a way of adapting. If more teams start to target kamara then we will see if he can overcome it. 

Edited by Made In Aston

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I never actually saw this. Really like and rate him but I always felt he was getting massively over hyped by our fans. He’s a very good player but as I’ve said before he’s at Villa rather than one of the champions league clubs for a reason. Obviously very glad about that but I do think our fans get carried away sometimes. 

Did you like him early on though? As I remember you vaguely saying he didn't really stand out, or words to that effect. He stands out in his own way, and I can almost guarantee that the majority of CL clubs would love to sign him.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Disagree, based on the balance of his play I think the excitement is warranted.

Must be bleak as a Villa supporter believing we could never sign a champions league level player

Â