Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I wonder if he was rubbish then? 🤷🏻‍♂️

spoke to a palace mate of mine and apparently they do the same. just find it difficult to comprehend good players coming to them without some sort of a catch. everyone else thinks this is a great signing for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the mad thing is that there wouldn't be half this negativity if we signed bissouma

a man who's been a regular at brighton for 4 years and only now is being strongly linked with moves away

who has been banned from driving twice

and also has a sexual assault charge hanging over his head

"YHEh bUt hE WhilL TRanSfOrM R TeAm in2 a T0p 6 TeAm. GIVe TheM WhaT ThEy WAnt"

• Haha 2

This whole "yeah but Juve are 7th so it doesn't mean anything" is just baffling to me, as if every season prior to this one is an irrelevance. He's played for them more often than he hasn't and in the process collected 3 Serie A titles and 2 Coppa Italias, and at international level has just shy of 50 caps for a side that aren't exactly too shabby in that area of the pitch at the mere age of 24. In addition, all the elements of his play fall exactly in line with what fans have been crying out for in a signing and have evidently been recognised by Villa's data analysis and recruitment team, and they're apparently going to get the deal done for a sum that in modern football terms is more than reasonable when you take all of this into account.

But yeah, shite signing on paper because some Juve fans online don't like him. I despair.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These comments about Bentancur from Juve fans reminds me of every Man United supporter complaining about Fred being the worst player in the history of football.  

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 1

I couldn't care less what Juve fan's opinion of him is. Let's be honest, average fans are idiots when it comes to accurately judging a player's quality.

Also Juve fans are similar to Real Madrid fans when it comes to the way they talk about their players. They're just about the worst, most entitled set of glory hunting fans going. They probably hate him because he isn't Pirlo.

I'm sure he'd do very well here. And if he's anything less than extraordinary right of the bat, I'll give him at least 3 kicks of the ball before making any judgment.

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

spoke to a palace mate of mine and apparently they do the same. just find it difficult to comprehend good players coming to them without some sort of a catch. everyone else thinks this is a great signing for us.

I don't think the people on VT are like that. We just signed Coutinho. Like me, many have said we don't know this guy and whether he is any good or bad but there is a lot of negative stuff about him and there is nothing wrong with actually listening to the negative messages and querying if there is any validity to them

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

These comments about Bentancur from Juve fans reminds me of every Man United supporter complaining about Fred being the worst player in the history of football.  

Ding ding ding. Clubs who have had sustained periods of unreasonable dominance seem to have all amassed these petulant manchild fans with hyperbolic opinions on every player.

United are the worst example but there are plenty of others. Lyon also seem quite bad for it. Last season I saw Lyon fans on Reddit saying Traore was the worst footballer they'd ever seen with no skill and no end product. For all his faults those are the two things he seems to have most of.

Bentacur might be good or not, I have not watched him enough to know but I have seen enough spoiled brat fan opinions to know they're **** worthless.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I wonder if he was rubbish then? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Point I am making is that football fans say loads of hyperbolic things all the time--best to watch him for yourself rather than judge off of a forum.

Means nothing mate, what does Pep guardiola know about footballing talent? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't think the people on VT are like that. We just signed Coutinho. Like me, many have said we don't know this guy and whether he is any good or bad but there is a lot of negative stuff about him and there is nothing wrong with actually listening to the negative messages and querying if there is any validity to them

but there have been far more instances of fans being proven incorrect than proven correct

someone showed some of the posts regarding salah from chelsea fans from around 2015 as a prime example

i just don't get why the automatic instinct is to believe these fans rather than judging ourselves. people "querying the validity" is fine. but getting down in the dumps about it and taking their opinion as gospel is a very strange mentality IMO

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Means nothing mate, what does Pep guardiola know about footballing talent? 

Clearly nothing, considering he splashed £100m on that Joe Gresford fella.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â