Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

This is why I said good performances when we don't win are worthless. 

When you keep losing every week those performances will slowly turn into bad performances. 

We're in a real rot right now. Similar to where we were when Smith got the sack. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Emi1 at fault for the goal, poor mistake. How many goals do we concede as a direct result from an error.

Granted it was an error, but without Cavani 3 yards in front flicking a foot out, it'd been saved.

Don't think it was as straightforward as most are claiming.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Ramsey has been a liability in that half. Beoke up several of our attacks and again refusing to use the left back. Nit sure what his issue is with passing it simply to an over lapping full back ?.

Emi m ? Wut the fk was that ? Again some stupid goal making the difference. 

Digne pushing forwards mings not using him has happened several times.

Sansom not pushing forwards which means cash has no support when he goes.

Look a shadow of Monday night.

Ramsey I would give 10 minutes to sort himself out otherwise Phil on for Ramsey.

Again with ings and watkins ? What is it the managers are failing to understand? 

Not impressed so far, we don't look good at all.

Mings knows/thinks he's not capable of hitting Digne an accurate pass. That's what it looks like anyway. Low confidence. Crowd on his back now so expect a howler.

I like him when he's playing with confidence btw, but it's so obvious that he struggles with the mental toughness needed at this level.

• Like 1

I think that half illustrated the importance of McGinn to this midfield. 

However we are so ponderous and slow bringing the ball forward, but lack the creativity to unlock 11 behind the ball. 

Hopefully we'll get after them this half. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

dont be daft.

We were on top for a good half, of that half, its just we didnt have the final ball or a clinical finisher it seemed.

Some players were poor tho.

But come on, that was nothing like the worst of Deano ball.

I’m not sure mate, that was a pretty bad half we’ve just witnessed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He was amazing last year. This year he's been ordinary. Hasn't really won us any points, and has looked vulnerable a few times.

I have very high expectations of him, and I haven't been too pleased lately.

The danger with Emi is that people judged him on what was possibly the first six months to a year of regular football in his entire career. Good keeper without a doubt, not the world beater he was made out to be by some.

• Like 1

Come on gang get a grip, they are one silly goal up, had a lot of the play and forced one save.

They are not that great an we have had one less shot and their goalie has pulled of a brilliant save, we are still very much in this game, take out the silly goal and great save it would be 1 up to us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeps said:

Hause Cuck and Phil will come on. Hause only at HT I reckon. 

Sanson is a player. Emi B looking good too. Ings is a finisher and needs balls played in. We don’t offer that when we play Ollie left or right side. 

Ollie is not a winger at this level. He’s a reaction player. When he has to think, he’s so poor

Couldn't agree more. If we create one solid chance this half it needs to fall to Ings.