Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Think he is.

Gauci being asked to move from Australia mid season indicates to me they are getting him ready for next season. If they felt he needed to be loaned out still they would have left him in Australia for the rest of the season. 

Maybe a loan to a Championship team next season for Gauci.  I was hoping he would play today but he'd have been on a hiding to nothing with that defence in front of him so maybe better to have missed out.  I'd still prefer a new backup keeper rather than Olsen next season if possible.

59 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

Starting keeper for Sevilla and played twice in the champs league this year. Would definitely take him back

I had no idea!

Didn't see the game however you all knew bearing in mind he concedes every 38 or 39 minutes we would have conceded at the very least 2. Seems hes exelled himself today and lowered that even further.

Time to say thanks but no thanks.

Sinsalo and the aussie over him and I've not seen the aussie play. I just know he's goals per minute conceded can't be as terrible.

Honestly it feels like we will lose when he plays. It’s an association thing now. Sure he is a lovely bloke and all that jazz, but we just seem to let in a rediculous amount when he’s between the sticks. 

49 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Honestly it feels like we will lose when he plays. It’s an association thing now. Sure he is a lovely bloke and all that jazz, but we just seem to let in a rediculous amount when he’s between the sticks. 

He'll have like 2 games out of 10 where he's very very good.

Problem is the other 8 games tend to be drubbings.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Just checked, seems to expire now. Props to Gerrard for not giving him 5 years.

im 90% sure his contract is until 2025.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im 90% sure his contract is until 2025.

Signed on loan in January 2022, which became permanent that summer. I doubt he got a 2 year contract, so he's probably got 12 months left

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Really don't understand how we didn't see Gauci today, doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that Olsen is still ahead of him.

I assume it was a last chance saloon for him to prove himself and he failed miserably so he'll be off in the summer. Plenty of time to see Gauci over pre season I guess.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Shipped another 3 tonight for Sweden, he wouldnt be blamed for the goals but Sweden look to be playing a comical high line with Olsen rooted to his line

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Shipped another 3 tonight for Sweden, he wouldnt be blamed for the goals but Sweden look to be playing a comical high line with Olsen rooted to his line

Feel like we hear that on every page of this thread

whether it's his fault or not....He does seem to be associated with a huge amount of conceded goals....something doesn't seem to be right.

44 minutes ago, Powehi said:

Feel like we hear that on every page of this thread

Maybe managers shouldn't be playing a high line when he is in goal

Â