Lucas Digne

villan-scott

7 minutes ago, Thug said:

Attacking wise, excellent.

However, did anyone else think that Mings was more exposed?

Greenwood ran clear a few times, and on another day we could have been further behind.

Theres always a compromise to be had, but overall, a definite upgrade.

No more exposed then the cup game when Greenwood broke down that side.

It's just what happens when the formation has the full back's starting position so high up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thug said:

Greenwood ran clear a few times, and on another day we could have been further behind.

You are spot on, but that’s on the midfielders in this system. 

Two narrow 10’s mean the fullbacks have to almost play as wingbacks, but then the extra bodies in the middle of the park need to cover the fullback when he’s bombing forward. 

It will take time to implement 

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

Mings is going to be slightly more exposed until they get on a similar wavelength. Digne signed on Wednesday night, trained on Thursday and Friday, and then started on Saturday. That's no time for anything. 

If that kind of thing is still happening in a month from now then sure it might be a concern, but right now it could very well be a lack of understanding between two players that only met 3 days ago. 

• Like 1

They signed Mykolenko on 1st Jan as his replacement, I guess having known since December that Digne and Rafa weren't going to work together, so they were always going to need to move Digne on from FFP pov

Mykolenko had a mare yesterday by all accounts

i think its laughably brilliant, that we managed to snatch one of Evertons best players, after he fell out with their manager, who then got sacked 3 days later.......amazing stuff!

We dropped lucky with this piece of business.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's mad that Everton's board allowed Benitez to sell Digne, and then a week later they sack Benitez.

I was thinking that and then I wondered if they thought “we want this £25m because we are skint, let’s let Rafa take the fall then bin him off.” Either way it is great for us.

• Like 1

In the summer they were having to sign the likes of Townsend and Gray on low fees, and whlist they've spent more this window I wonder if that's in part only because they knew they were getting a big fee for Digne. They also apparently bid for £2m Sean Longstaff, which again would indicate they don't have much money, as would perhaps loaning in El Ghazi.

I do not care how we got him. I am just happy we got him. He suits how we play perfectly .he is like Matt Targett plus 20 % . 20% quicker  20% further up the field 20 % better passer  20% more athletic, 20% better at stopping players running past him. 20% more character . 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I do not care how we got him. I am just happy we got him. He suits how we play perfectly .he is like Matt Targett plus 20 % . 20% quicker  20% further up the field 20 % better passer  20% more athletic, 20% better at stopping players running past him. 20% more character . 

so basically, you are saying he is nothing like Targett??? :P

• Haha 1

Â