Lucas Digne

villan-scott

8 hours ago, hippo said:

Seriously - I thought he was poor tonight. Ok going forward - but left gaping holes all the time.

That's Steven's system at play. Midfield is supposed to provide cover. They did a poor job to say the least. 

Really impressed with his defensive positioning last night - he was just in the right place at the right time to clear their crosses on many occasions. Didn't quite come off for him in attack but we know he's got that in his locker. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watched highlights back since watching game. Still same. Mings and Konsa should've done better for first. Konsa terrible for 2nd. 3rd just one of those goals. Not going to put on anyone particularly.

Cash good assist for first. 

I think Digne won tackle that led to 3rd goal. 

Can't really see how Cash or Digne at fault

Full backs were good yesterday. 

Problem lies with no cover from midfield in transition. We know that weakness is down to having no fit CDM in a system that depends on it. We've also seen a significant drop in form from Konsa this season. 

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

That's Steven's system at play. Midfield is supposed to provide cover. They did a poor job to say the least. 

It's a bit harsh to say they did a poor job considering it's Ramsey's job to tuck in and cover on that side! When he's our main attacking threat sprinting forward from midfield all game there's only so much covering he can be expected to do.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's a bit harsh to say they did a poor job considering it's Ramsey's job to tuck in and cover on that side! When he's our main attacking threat sprinting forward from midfield all game there's only so much covering he can be expected to do.

It also completely ignores Leeds and their strengths. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

That's why I didn't call out an individual. The midfield works as a unit. If Ramsey is making forward runs then someone needs to shift over and cover.  It could be a lack of communication, desire, or just an unfamiliarity with the new system. Whatever it was, excluding that 15 minute period in the 1st half, they were second best all game. 

4 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Serious Q - is he actually any better than Matty T, for my money nope

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

Should have kept Targett and spent the money on a midfielder

Seriously, what a load of nonsense.

We had the money to spend on a midfielder, but couldnt get the one we wanted.

We should have kept Targett and swapped and changed depending on the opposition. I'd rather have had Targett playing the last 2 games but I'd rather have Digne in the majority of games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

We should have kept Targett and swapped and changed depending on the opposition. I'd rather have had Targett playing the last 2 games but I'd rather have Digne in the majority of games. 

Why Targett the last two games though? Both games against teams below us.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Why Targett the last two games though? Both games against teams below us.

Because Leeds set up in a way that will always cause problems and Newcastle are bang in form and fighting for their lives. I don't want 2 at the back when Trippier and Saint Maximin are attacking the wings. 

It's not about looking at the table it's about looking at the opposition?

Â