Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Not concerned about him being 33 at the end of the contract. He is built like Vardy and Giggs . Wiry and light on his feet. And after watching his videos he is lightyears quicker than Mr Targett. 

This should prove to be a very astute signing . 

Wierd that he is excited to play for Gerrard but then i reversed it in my head . The equivalent of say McGinn being excited to play for Zidane. Its easily understood then 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Pablo_2531 said:

Ha ha I’m not sure about sister. 

Il be happy if Klopp stays at liverpool for a very long time as whoever comes in after him has got a hell of a job on his hands trying to compete with city an Chelsea with a fraction of the budget.

don’t get me wrong but I’ve seen plenty of poor liverpool teams but been fortunate to watch some quality ones too!

I don’t think many would begrudge villa a rise up the league an I honestly think digne is a quality player. 

I know managers need courage in their convictions but with Rafa he is so **** stubborn if he has had a fall out he will not back down. 

digne deffo improves villa I’m pretty positive if he signs in a months time every villa fan will be saying the same thing. 

ps defo getting a few quid on you sat..United can’t ride their luck like that again

Cheers mate. We owe them a proper hiding. Hopefully that's up next.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Started reading but then it got blocked. Sounds like he has a strong character.  Wonder why he fell out with Rafa so badly.

Clash of footballing styles is the most common thing I’ve seen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Started reading but then it got blocked. Sounds like he has a strong character.  Wonder why he fell out with Rafa so badly.

I would like his ability to heal from an injury.

“Initial estimates suggested that it would take Digne anything up to three months to return to action after sustaining ligament damage in training back in late November. But on Saturday, barely six weeks after undergoing surgery, the France international made a remarkable comeback in Everton’s 2-1 FA Cup third-round victory against Rotherham. 

“It’s way ahead of schedule,” Everton’s head of medical, Danny Donachie, tells The Athletic. “It was a significant injury Lucas had. He ruptured the medial and lateral ligaments but he also had a significant fracture in his fibula.”

World-renowned surgeon James Calder operated on Digne and had suggested a timeframe of around 12 weeks for his recovery. But the left-back had other ideas…”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't remember reading about Digne falling out with any other manager's before Rafa.

I think this is as much on Rafa as Digne.

It's quite clearly a difference of opinion in football terms. Rafa wants full backs to be defenders and to primarily focus on that. Digne is primarily an attacker and wants to be key to creating chances further up the field. 

If Digne did what Rafa wanted his game would suffer the year of the World Cup in an outdated tactic with a flat back 4 of "defenders". He wanted to play to his strengths and they had a falling out. Rafa is saying Digne doesn't want to be a team player and do the role he's asked to do. 

Nobody is right or wrong here. Technically they are both right.  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I would like his ability to heal from an injury.

“Initial estimates suggested that it would take Digne anything up to three months to return to action after sustaining ligament damage in training back in late November. But on Saturday, barely six weeks after undergoing surgery, the France international made a remarkable comeback in Everton’s 2-1 FA Cup third-round victory against Rotherham. 

“It’s way ahead of schedule,” Everton’s head of medical, Danny Donachie, tells The Athletic. “It was a significant injury Lucas had. He ruptured the medial and lateral ligaments but he also had a significant fracture in his fibula.”

World-renowned surgeon James Calder operated on Digne and had suggested a timeframe of around 12 weeks for his recovery. But the left-back had other ideas…”

Takes me longer than that to recover from banging my head on the cooker hood.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Takes me longer than that to recover from banging my head on the cooker hood.

I'm imagine you are like Peter Griffin when he hurt his shin.

If Everton's medical man is saying goodbye, then it must be close.

Â