Yves Bissouma

Corleone

11 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

This is an 'itk' (I know, I know) who has a semi decent track record calling the likes of barkley and martinez to villa

(Brighton fans were laughing saying Bissouma would never move to villa so the implication is that something is happening with regards to Bissouma)

Got ya. Strange thing to come out with if not confident at all. Seems the Brighton journo has said it’s not happening though, they usually get that right at least! 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We know we aren't gonna come back in late for him. We don't do those last minute deals when we are the weaker party to the negotiations. It seems Gerrard has probably aid he's happy going with the midfield we have right now vs over paying for a player instead. Go tie Dougie down to a deal and then we'll revisit the midfield in summer.

We've essentially no chance of signing Bissouma now though. He will go to a bigger club in summer once the fee is lower

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Got ya. Strange thing to come out with if not confident at all. Seems the Brighton journo has said it’s not happening though, they usually get that right at least! 

All the Brighton journos seem to be saying chances are slim due to the time frame but caveat by saying it's possible if a big offer comes in.

I agree with @CVByrne though that this isn't really our style of doing busines 

Yeah, I think if it doesn't happen today we won't get him in summer with other teams sniffing because he'll be cheaper by then.

So we either go in with a big, big offer today and pull off a remarkable deadline day signing, or we move on to another target in the summer.

Seko Fofana basically does a very similar thing to Bissouma and would jump at a chance to come here from Lens so maybe we'll go for him or someone else similar.

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still don’t get why Sky would never opens a market for this move. Especially when you look at the random players you can bet on. 

He was 11/1 on Paddy Power last week to join us

• Thanks 1

Â