Yves Bissouma

Corleone

Just now, Tayls said:

Less confident about this one now… if of course there was any interest from us to begin with! 

It could just have been his agent stirring up interest from Villa to get a CL team to act quicker.

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree those clubs have produced some good players but none of those clubs have competed at the level we are trying to. The academy is far from being ignored and will hopefully produce many good player for our first team or as a decent revenue stream in the future. 

However no matter how good the academy is it’ll only produce a handful of top first team players, so we will always need to buy players too. Some with the money we get for players from the academy. There’s no magic formula it’s about covering all aspects. Being commercially strong, good coaches at all levels and astuteness with our recruitment. It’s about a balanced approach. 

Fans seem to think in such black or white terms, where the truth is usually in the grey. We’ve acquired two great players so far who are in their late 20s and I’ve heard people say we’ve abandoned the project of developing players. Ridiculous on two counts. The academy isn’t being closed and players 28 and 29 are no longer at retirement age, with many notable players playing well into their mid 30s these days. 

I Agree Dave.

Tell Carney, it seems, he's miffed at PC's arrival.

20 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I dont bother with that anymore after having had dogs of smart arse comments. Beleive it or not there is plenty of inside information on twitter if you care to look and filter the nonsense. I would add that it doesnt feel impossible given we seem to have ratcheted everything up by more than gear or two since Smiths departure, we definitely no longer just feeling our way through this, we are making waves and there is a lot of money behind all of this, it all feels to be part of a bigger plan all of a sudden, its like they are running t get ahead of the Newcastle oil money and the drop off in Everton's ambition/spending while they can .

Disappointing. Was warming up my keyboard to dish out some Smart arse comments 😉

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It could just have been his agent stirring up interest from Villa to get a CL team to act quicker.

thats what i'm thinking now.   No real credible link that we are seriously interested. We might have just enquired, got told no, and moved on.

No player brings with him a guarantee that he will be successful. Bissouma is the nearest thing you can get to a guarantee in what is our current weakest position. NSWE can afford to buy him, B&H can't really afford to turn down £40 million if offered due to his contract running down. (Clubs will be able to open pre contract "free" negotiations in just under 12 months.)

Whether or not speculation reflects what's actually happening, I would say there is a good chance this will happen.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I dont bother with that anymore after having had dogs of smart arse comments. Beleive it or not there is plenty of inside information on twitter if you care to look and filter the nonsense. I would add that it doesnt feel impossible given we seem to have ratcheted everything up by more than gear or two since Smiths departure, we definitely no longer just feeling our way through this, we are making waves and there is a lot of money behind all of this, it all feels to be part of a bigger plan all of a sudden, its like they are running t get ahead of the Newcastle oil money and the drop off in Everton's ambition/spending while they can .

Wes Eden's history running the Milwaukee Bucks franchise has some parallels which are worth noting.

They were experiencing an all time club low, rock bottom of the league. They get a player to build their future around, and in comes a coach who within two seasons has them in play-offs, which is the equivalent of a top half finish or thereabouts. 

However progress stagnates under this coach and Wes Eden's feels that he has reached his ceiling as a head coach for the club, and Wes Eden's swiftly terminates the head coachs position, bringing in someone who he felt would be able to take Milwaukee to the next level.

Fast forward a few years, Milwaukee are contenders for the title each season  and even went as far to winning their championship title, with their go to man who they built around winning MVP accolades along the way.

I miss Grealish and would love to have him back, but we could and really should build a side around Coutinho now, while we have him and he's still able to peak.

Gerrard has found himself an excellent opportunity with us, make no mistake about it we are on the rise, if Gerrard invests half the energy he did becoming the player he did, in developing himself as a head coach and manager, we may end up with a team that can go along way.

We've endured turmoil and neglect for just on a decade, however the roots of today's leadership and management  spread deep and lay a foundation for growth to take on and see the club rise to new heights. The sky is the limit I feel as the club branches out and ascends onwards and upwards.

The team behind the scenes nows we've just landed a world class player who's prime is potentially ahead of him, they know what a coup that is. They also know they have one of the best players of all time now working as a tactician and instructor, and he's already cut his teeth with a reasonable challenge in his role with Rangers.

This team is going places and I'm sure Wes Edens is more than willing to give it every chance of success by diligently seeing that the necessary pieces are brought in so that it has the best chance of glory.

If its been identified as an area of recruitment that is necessary and Bissouma fits the criteria for that, I have little doubt we will be pushing for it so that we can propel this club into contention for the highest honours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ender4 said:

thats what i'm thinking now.   No real credible link that we are seriously interested. We might have just enquired, got told no, and moved on.

Is the Telegraph not credible?

14 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

I think this is the one. (F*ck that took a while)

If true, we're probably just waiting for the Geordies to announce their next recruit before we announce ours 10 minutes later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â