Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

22 hours ago, dubbs said:

Needs to be moved on now. Hasn't worked here for either party really.

That’s all very well but how? The type of club who could afford him won’t want him and the rest can’t afford his contract even without a fee. The Saudis can afford him but I doubt he’d want to go there and you can’t make him. 

Our best option is to hope he gets reasonably fit and hope Unai can work his magic. 

22 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

He's only 30 and seems so suited to the control game Emery wants to play. If he can keep fit he could be very useful still, he might want to go back to Brazil but I don't mind him being here next year.

The control game. The man just turns and blasts the ball into row Z anytime he gets it in the final third.

This permanent signing feels like a lifetime ago, it was the height of "Gerrardmania" in the media and feel it was done a bit so we had something to be cheerful for at the end of another uninspiring season. It was really annoying/embarassing as at one point walking to the ground and looking at the sports news it was as if we had become Coutinho F.C. and not AVFC! It wasnt that long ago but it feels like such a strange signing in hindsight. He did do a job for us and score some important goals for us tbf

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s all very well but how? The type of club who could afford him won’t want him and the rest can’t afford his contract even without a fee. The Saudis can afford him but I doubt he’d want to go there and you can’t make him. 

Our best option is to hope he gets reasonably fit and hope Unai can work his magic. 

Maybe a similar type of loan as to when we signed him from Barca.  I don't know, but at the moment I don't see him getting minutes even when he gets fit.

38 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Was worth a punt. He may still have a good run under Emery. 

I'm more concerned about his fitness, than his potential ability to bounce back if i'm honest.

I'm pretty sure Unai could make use of him, in this side.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bullshit

Nobody hates Coutinho, people dont rate him its a big difference. He is sadly over the hill

Lots of our players looked not good enough before Emery arrived.  And Coutinho's been injured / coming back from injury for most of Emery's time in charge.  I'd like to at least see Coutinho play where we've got Moreno providing width, Luiz & Kamara controlling the middle of the park, a confident Ollie playing, etc before completely ruling him out.  Under Gerrard it sometimes felt like we were "get the ball to Phil" and he was immediately being put under pressure by the opposition with no-one to really link up with.  With a bit more time / space / support it might be a different story.

• Like 4

Yeah that’s probably the best result. We make Europe, he takes advantage of the not full on physicality and pace of the prem to get us through the stages. 

If we don’t make Europe, hard to imagine how many matches he even plays in. 

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm more concerned about his fitness, than his potential ability to bounce back if i'm honest.

I'm pretty sure Unai could make use of him, in this side.

People get drawn to Coutinho as Brazil No.10 but his style was always more direct with a bit of pace or dropping his shoulder to make space instead of being a traditional playmaker

Things he can't do anymore due to lack of mobility. Its something really hard to get back

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bullshit

Nobody hates Coutinho, people dont rate him its a big difference. He is sadly over the hill

Ok so why do so many have to add in the sarcastic comnents about his "Mate" then? I never said anyone hated PC just that some can't get past his supposed friendship with the hated Gerrard. 

49 minutes ago, Hev said:

Ok so why do so many have to add in the sarcastic comnents about his "Mate" then? I never said anyone hated PC just that some can't get past his supposed friendship with the hated Gerrard. 

That hate is more towards Gerrard for bringing Coutinho in permanently. It was his call. Although tbf, many on here (not me) really wanted that at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope with all the money Saudi Arabia look like they are throwing around this summer they might want to sign Coutinho. Seems like the profile of player they are going for. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RichW said:

Hope with all the money Saudi Arabia look like they are throwing around this summer they might want to sign Coutinho. Seems like the profile of player they are going for. 

As soon as I saw his thread bumped I knew it would be someone saying this and I totally agree. He would be perfect for a Saudi move.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RichW said:

Please Mcgrath let it happen. Need somehow to take the wages off the books, or least some of it.

Â