Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Which makes his decline since then even more disappointing.  It was a luxury signing but it wasn't a ridiculous signing given his first 6 months. His salary and 4 year contract were probably mistakes, if he was a 2 or 3 year contract it would be easier to shift by now.

Yeah the 4 years was a mistake. At the time he deserved a contract though, he was pretty good during his loan spell. Not having others rewrite history to say he's was crap during that first 6 months, just not true. 

• Like 2

Just now, Steero113 said:

Agree with most of that mate. 

But no club has ever reached a level where they only make good signings. It's not possible. All we can do is hope that the ratio is as strong as it can be towards good rather than bad. 

Yeah that’s what I’m saying, I suspect that there is this idea in some quarters that we reach a point where we become so adept in the market we don’t sign a dud for £30m again. It’s a fantasy.

You probably can reach a point where a bad £30m signing is less likely, or at least it’s less catastrophic if the signing doesn’t work out. But it still happens.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thia clubs a joke at times. How does this benefit us a loan? 

They have the **** money tell them to buy him or stay here. Its pointless if no one else coming in

It benefits us by £125k a week which around £5m for the year until June 2024.   It also benefits us with a loan fee, let's guess at £2m. 

That's a £7 million benefit for the year for someone that probably wouldn't be good enough for PL games.

That could be the difference between being able to buy a player than Emery/Monchi really wants in the January window or having to go for a cheaper option instead.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

Thia clubs a joke at times. How does this benefit us a loan? 

They have the **** money tell them to buy him or stay here. Its pointless if no one else coming in

I think its hard for us, as football fans to be telling high level finance people how to manage finances.

We need to stick to football, because we don't know enough of the financial aspects of the club, to form meaningful opinions.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It benefits us by £125k a week which around £5m for the year until June 2024.   It also benefits us with a loan fee, let's guess at £2m. 

That's a £7 million benefit for the year for someone that probably wouldn't be good enough for PL games.

That could be the difference between being able to buy a player than Emery/Monchi really wants in the January window or having to go for a cheaper option instead.

Id rather keep him for 7m. Then we have to pay his wages again next season 

Bad deal for us in my opinion

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

5 goals and 3 assists in 15 starts. He was good during his loan, that's why we bought him. 

It hasn't worked out afterwards because he's permacrocked. 

Don't rewrite history to suit your agenda. 

5 of those 8 contributions came in 2 games. He was rubbish during his loan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

5 of those 8 contributions came in 2 games. He was rubbish during his loan. 

Disagree massively. He was one of our best players during his loan and the general consensus even on here was positive.

And we were managed by a dustman at the time as well. 

• Like 1

Few reports stating that the deal is until 2025… 2 year loan?

His contract with Villa expires on June 30 2026

-

It’s undeniable that we gave stupid, long, expensive contracts to Digne (25m transfer fee?) and Coutinho (17m?)… under SG and CP.

The deals should’ve been shorter considering their age and Phil’s injury proneness…

Two mistakes that the club are trying to rectify now…

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bad deal was buying him, nobody in Europe except Dumb and Dumber wanted him on a permanent deal and now a year later a nobody club in mega rich Qatar think a loan is all he is worth

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thankfully you're as far from making decision at Villa as I am from marrying Jennifer Lawrence.

Monchi and club aren’t going to allow us to get rinsed here, but they’re probably making the best of a bad deal.

It hasn’t worked, he’s not going to play regularly in the Premier League, so best we receive some of our initial outlay back. 

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Few reports stating that the deal is until 2025… 2 year loan?

Not surprised, needs to be more than a year for him to get the personal tax benefits of that country.  Same for those going to Saudi, it needs to be minimum two years to get the tax advantages I believe.

Edited by nick76

Lol, you would rather keep him so he can spend another year on the treatment table while we pay £7m for this privilege? 😊 

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 4

In a year where the Saudis are throwing Monday at some bang average players. (Saint Max) We get the county that doesnt want to splash out. 

Yes his wage bill is off the book, how is that going to help us if we get some more injuries between now and Jan (please don't say it won't happen because look at out awful luck so far) 

Would have been a useful player to have in the squad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, calcifer said:

In a year where the Saudis are throwing Monday at some bang average players. (Saint Max) We get the county that doesnt want to splash out. 

Yes his wage bill is off the book, how is that going to help us if we get some more injuries between now and Jan (please don't say it won't happen because look at out awful luck so far) 

Would have been a useful player to have in the squad. 

Since he is hardly involved I am not sure what use he would be if we do get injuries

38 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Lol, you would rather keep him so he can spend another year on the treatment table while we pay £7m for this privilege? 😊 

Yes i would. Whats 7m? Its peanuts.

If you get coutinho fit he adds something to this team

• Like 1

Â