Wainy316

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I agree, keep him as far away form the game on Sunday as possible 

I clearly wrote Sunday.  Don't know why you have doctored my post there :blush:

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's so off PL pace it's not funny and he's not getting pace back

He looked a pace above our other attackers when he came on against Newcastle in fairness.

In general i may tend to agree though.

He hasn't had a run for a multitude of reasons though has he, mainly injuries etc?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

On 08/08/2023 at 09:24, Viloon said:

Me and my two sons were right in front of the pitch where Phil was 2nd half and were awed when he came on, even the Valencia supporters around us were saying how good he was.

For those saying he has no legs, what impressed us the most was his turn of pace, he's a lot quicker than he seems and was chasing all over the pitch. His technical skills are out of this world.

After full time, he and the other subs were doing shuttle sprints and it's clear Unai is getting everyone fit, with the ECL we have a challenging season and I for one will be gutted if Phil isn't here.

After an injury hindered last season, I can't understand how after what UE did with all our other players, why more people aren't excited to see what he can do with Coutinho, he still has it, he just needs a home and support imo.

At times he made the opposition players seem like kids trying to get the ball off him. Can't wait to see the impact he has for us this season.

I don’t think Phil is the main problem, when playing,but his talent is a luxury to a degree,a luxury very few teams have……what our competitors have is hard runners, and effective players,we need more of that.

If we get some of our issues right, Phil’s Talent will be more effective in games.

If the base of a cake is poor, don’t be surprised if the strawberry’s on the top sink.

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Looking real sharp in the training video. I can see him starting against Everton and then again on Thursday. Redemption arc in full swing.

Just please please pretty please, don't get injured. 

I desperately want to see some COUTINHO magic this season.

Yes he is past his best but the name COUTINHO is still a massive name in football.

A season of a fit COUTINHO would really get the fans buzzing.

One can only dream ...................

• Like 1

I've had my views about Coutinho over the weeks and months.

My stance at this moment in time is that he has shown the world what he is doing in training and looking good for it. He had a decent pre-season by all accounts and he appears to be at full fitness again.

So I say give him a start against Everton, let's see how he goes and see If he can produce any moments of magic.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Have we seen a fully fit Coutinho under Emery? Whilst he's not going to be peak Liverpool-era Phil, he tore it up for us when he first arrived (before the 'coaching' seeped in).

He probably doesn't have as much strength to play the Buendia role as Emi does, but they'll be working on him naturally finding pockets of space in training. He looked quick against Newcastle too. Obviously I'm more hopeful than convinced, but I'd love Phil to show us his on-loan form when he first arrived.

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I've had my views about Coutinho over the weeks and months.

My stance at this moment in time is that he has shown the world what he is doing in training and looking good for it. He had a decent pre-season by all accounts and he appears to be at full fitness again.

So I say give him a start against Everton, let's see how he goes and see If he can produce any moments of magic.

Steven? 

• Haha 3

i wouldnt start him, mainly because im so nervous about his injury record. I also think Everton may try and start brightly, capitalise on a lack of confidence following the Newcastle result. 

I wouldnt be adverse to seeing him introduced at half time though so he can build slowly.

Â