Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

32 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Jordan Henderson for £12m

Liverpool captain. Massively destabilising.

They wouldn't sell to anyone for £12m normally, but Saudi had Henderson asking to go so he can earn £35m a year from some murderers.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, sne said:

Since that knee injury in late 2020 he's managed 11 goals and 5 assist in total all competitions. He's struggled to stay fit or get into the team and he's clearly lost a step or 5 and he struggles to get past his opponents.

Not faulting his attitude or his technical ability, but I do question his ability to get back to anything even close to what he was before that injury.

The Liverpool coutinho is gone and probably has a lot to do with the serious injuries he had. But he did add value when he first started playing for us and looked half decent (including a good spell before he got injured under Emery). So that makes me think there is a bit of a psychological fragility and maybe some lack of motivation at times, besides any physical issues. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You would have hoped the medical team would know if his physical ability permentaly damaged before signing him ffs

Sadly the issue is that typically meniscus injuries that take that long the player tends to recover with more athleticism than they had initially. However the issue becomes that meniscus is what prevents your joints rubbing together and if it is compromised it can quickly lead to chronic knee issues. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

He's a devout Christian and a family man. Always a chance he doesn't want to move his family to Saudi Arabia.

They’re surprisingly tolerant of other religions when you’re out there in the Arab world, even if they’re not on the face if it. From my experience if you are a ‘man of the book’, of any book, that tends to be respected. It’s the atheists who raise eyebrows. It’s honestly less hassle to just declare yourself as a Christian. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

My first thought. Probably not quite match ready yet. 

Match fit for preseason though? It's not really a thing. Providing you're not hobbling or carrying a niggle, you make the bench.

22 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Match fit for preseason though? It's not really a thing. Providing you're not hobbling or carrying a niggle, you make the bench.

Match ready and match fit are 2 different things. He may not be doing any contact training yet on his injury return - therefore not match ready. Then once he’s back in full training he can focus on getting match fit…

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Tiago Silva is fit and didn't make the Chelsea bench yesterday. Think, like them, were easing players out back in rather than bung them in ans risk needless unwanted injuries due to not being up to speed.

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I don’t really see how he fits into the squad other than to be one of those sorts of figures that players idolise on the training pitch. Unfortunately, I don’t think there will be any realistic offers for him 

I don’t think his body has been up to PL football for a couple of years now.

I thought the Saudi’s would drop 10-15m on him and tempt him over.

I think that would have already happened if it was going to.

No future under Emery.

Simply does not have the legs or intensity Unai requires.

The people still hoping for Liverpool Coutinho to return is living in a fairytale world.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I don’t really see how he fits into the squad other than to be one of those sorts of figures that players idolise on the training pitch. Unfortunately, I don’t think there will be any realistic offers for him 

He can be incredibly dangerous for us in 30 minute bursts. 

I agree there won’t be offers for him unfortunately, but I still think he has a part to play if he can get fit, which again, is questionable! 

• Like 1

Â