Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Any link to his goal (not Sky as I’m abroad and they don’t work)

You can see on Aston Villa official instagram...classy first touch and fantastic goal

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I love watching him play like I used to love watching Grealish play. He’s a different style of player in that he isn’t as graceful and elegant, or even as quick but his touch and the way he positions his body when he gets the ball is just incredible. 

As soon as Coutinho gets the ball, he doesn’t think, ‘I’ve got to pass this straight away’, he turns and tries to create enough space to actually hurt the opposition. He doesn’t want to go backwards, he wants to drop a shoulder, create a yard and move us forward. He almost dances when in possession. 

Absolutely love him.

Agreed 100%.  If we can sort out the midfield 3 behind him then I genuinely think that with more time, better quality service and receiving the ball higher up the pitch - Emi2 / Coutinho could be a massively important, dynamic, exciting and creative partnership.  They are very different players but they could really complement each other well.  We just need to give them the solid platform on which to work their magic.

• Like 3

At least we can take away this lovely moment from yesterday. That first touch is the very definition of world class. Great celebrations too with all the subs. The whole squad love him and you can see why he wants to be here. Cant wait for next seasons Coutinho to flourish 😍
Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1

And Sky actually missed the goal. Woeful coverage. The games they’re covering the focus should just be on that. They have other channels where they can around the grounds.

Phillipe and Boubs some of their combos will be devastating.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

And Sky actually missed the goal. Woeful coverage. The games they’re covering the focus should just be on that. They have other channels where they can around the grounds.

Phillipe and Boubs some of their combos will be devastating.

Sky was awful with the coverage to be fair. I watched with a Liverpool fan.. The Liverpool game on his telly and the Villa on my laptop. Was very infuriating that our game kept showing the goals from other games but that didn't happen with the Liverpool game, no!

What was also infuriating was there was about a 45 second delay on my feed so knew we'd scored before we erm, scored. Took the edge off the game.

Just properly watched that Coutinho goal back this morning against Man City. It’s a fantastic goal. He knows he’s only going to get one touch before he hits it and he executes it perfectly. 

We need to see more of Coutinho in those positions. Advancing past the striker and getting a shot off. He’s the best finisher at the club and he’ll get 10 goals next season if he doesn’t have to keep dropping deep to get on the ball. 

The knock on effect of having better centre halves and central midfielders will be the performances of Coutinho and Buendia. I’m excited to see just how good Coutinho can be next season. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just properly watched that Coutinho goal back this morning against Man City. It’s a fantastic goal. He knows he’s only going to get one touch before he hits it and he executes it perfectly. 

We need to see more of Coutinho in those positions. Advancing past the striker and getting a shot off. He’s the best finisher at the club and he’ll get 10 goals next season if he doesn’t have to keep dropping deep to get on the ball. 

The knock on effect of having better centre halves and central midfielders will be the performances of Coutinho and Buendia. I’m excited to see just how good Coutinho can be next season. 

Preaching to the converted here. Get him on average 5-10 yards further up the field and we will reap the benefits.  Rather than having to move the ball forward to the edge of the area   if he recieves it there he can get the extra half a second to start smashing those top corner curlers . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Buendia and Coutinho could chip in with more goals it would be great. I hope they develop an understanding and partnership in summer. People said Ings and Watkins couldn't play together and that was proven wrong. It'll be the same with Coutinho and Buendia, especially as they both seem good mates off the pitch too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Was a bit like Grealish goal vs Southampton last season which was a bit further back. Nothing really on and just slotted in near post, keeper just couldn't do anything 

I heard it called an Ederson error 🙄

• Haha 2

On 23/05/2022 at 15:40, Delphinho123 said:

I love watching him play like I used to love watching Grealish play. He’s a different style of player in that he isn’t as graceful and elegant, or even as quick but his touch and the way he positions his body when he gets the ball is just incredible. 

As soon as Coutinho gets the ball, he doesn’t think, ‘I’ve got to pass this straight away’, he turns and tries to create enough space to actually hurt the opposition. He doesn’t want to go backwards, he wants to drop a shoulder, create a yard and move us forward. He almost dances when in possession. 

Absolutely love him.

Great post. We share similar views, and its nice to see a sum of thoughts that acknowledge how gifted and skilled a player we have on our hands.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

On 23/05/2022 at 09:29, BleedClaretAndBlue said:
At least we can take away this lovely moment from yesterday. That first touch is the very definition of world class. Great celebrations too with all the subs. The whole squad love him and you can see why he wants to be here. Cant wait for next seasons Coutinho to flourish 😍

Beautiful that.

I even loved Neville's commentary (which is rare), sounded like a guy who appreciated the quality Coutts can bring.

On 27/05/2022 at 09:15, Delphinho123 said:

I totally agree.

On 23/05/2022 at 09:29, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Such a clever little goal that.

Loking forward to next season when hopefully we will see many more.

• Like 1

Â