Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

29 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bit concerning he’s loitering around playgrounds no? 

Got to start somewhere, that register don’t sign itself 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

A personality like that is infinitely preferable to someone like Grealish if I'm honest. I doubt Phil will be going out getting pissed and crashing cars.

From signing an ageing Glenn Whelan to prime Coutinho in 5 years - we've certainly come a long way.

Whelan was a decent servant to be fair to Him

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Phil’s Instagram video has over 300k views already. His post about signing permanently as over 200k likes. From a business perspective this is a massive coup for us. 

It’s interesting this. Would shirt sales with name and number bring us much revenue right now and each season he’s with us?

Cost of a shirt or full kit, plus approximately £15 to have his name and number on the back. 

I think its the brand lift as well. There are new football fans around the world every day, big players attract new fans. 

He just plays beautiful football. I cant wait to see him play more.

Absolutely delighted with this signing and the deal.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

It’s interesting this. Would shirt sales with name and number bring us much revenue right now and each season he’s with us?

Cost of a shirt or full kit, plus approximately £15 to have his name and number on the back. 

We also can say to a sponsor look we want X or we get new interest because of deals like this. The more income for the club great, I just hope we can progress from dubious gambling sleeve sponsors now moving forward. Gerrard and Coutinho working together for us is a marketing dream also. 

• Like 3

Got into the office today and some colleagues are saying we got a very good deal, one other colleague whose football takes are somewhat questionable said we have wasted money and we should've signed Lingard instead 😅

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Got into the office today and some colleagues are saying we got a very good deal, one other colleague whose football takes are somewhat questionable said we have wasted money and we should've signed Lingard instead 😅

Your response should have been….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moaning to my lads the other day. Haaland signing for manc and Rudiger for Real Madrid, i didn't think the transfer window opened until July this must be a special one for the big clubs, I said.

Looks like I was right😁😁

Absolutely thrilled we've arrived him. 🙂🙂🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

The whole of South America knows who we are now. Like really knows who we are.

There can't be a more coveted player at any world cup in history than the first choice Brazilian playmaker - the doors this opens for brand exposure is so huge - surely it was as much a consideration for NSWE as his form when it came to signing permanently. Still smiling about this even in my sleep. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

Well I wouldn't have done more than three but it wouldn't be hard to offload him now the stupid wage has gone so I have no arguments as long as it doesn't keep Buendia out of the team

The extra year is more than likely for him talking a paycut. Happens a lot in US sports contracts that players get less but for a longer time to even it out

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

There can't be a more coveted player at any world cup in history than the first choice Brazilian playmaker - the doors this opens for brand exposure is so huge - surely it was as much a consideration for NSWE as his form when it came to signing permanently. Still smiling about this even in my sleep. 

That Argentina No. 10 jersey is as coveted, here is hoping Buendia gets that over Messi this year 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That Argentina No. 10 jersey is as coveted, here is hoping Buendia gets that over Messi this year 😉

Imagine both the Brazil and Argentina number 10's in the same team.  Has that ever happened before?

We're definitely back!

Edited by MrBlack

Â