Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

I thought he was pretty good against Liverpool, but I wish he wouldn't shoot from distance, because it is a waste.

I enjoyed his flick over the head of a Liverpool defender, which was the sort of showboating which has rarely been seen down Villa Park.

Villa have a long tradition of more industrial qualities and haven't been the same since they stopped selling McGregor football boots.

I think the fans would prefer to leave all that fancy stuff to them teams, in that there London, or that there Lancashire?

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Gutterpress suggesting Newcastle want to scupper our deal and sign him.

I think he’d rather sign for us, with Gerrard in charge. 

Plus they've the same agent as well.

• Like 1

Commercially this is going to be a very good signing for us. We can grow our fanbase a bit more in Brazil/South America with a household name. 

I know he hasn't scored or had an assist recently but I'd still want him despite what others have said, I think we don't have the pressure of always having to start him he can rotate with Buendia. We won't get any money back in the future for him but that's ok in my opinion by then we should have grown as a club, hopefully playing in Europe and have a few other top quality players.

Also it's nice to have a player that at any given time can get our arses out our seats with his skill and technique. Last player that did that was Tonev for us 🥸

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

The complete opposite of last year when none of our targets knew whether Jack was going to stay or not.

Good point, it should help but also it may just convince Luiz and Chuk to sign new deals.

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Meh. 

I agree, let’s go back to the good old days of signing “young and hungry” cloggers from League One. 

• Like 2

Â