Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I am glad he is enjoying his spell at the club contrary to what others have been suggesting about him being embarrassed to represent our club. I know his words will have little bearing whether he stays at the club or not, but it is nice to know that he appreciates being here. Class act.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, useless said:

I watched the replay on VillaTV and thought he had a very good game, even when he's not creating chances or trying to score himself you can see what a good player he is all over the pitch almost every time he gets the ball, his backheel from the throw in to set up Digne's cross for Cash's goal might have looked simple by his standards but most players wouldn't have thought of it and in some cases wouldn't have been able to execute it, shows that just a little piece of skill like that can make a big difference in the game.

Just came on here to post the same. When he did the back heel it was his cleverness before it that set it up. He was pretending to walk away disinterested in the throw in so Lamptey wasnt all over him. You could see Coutinho just glancing to see where he was and then coming alive. Lamptey then overcomitted trying to get back to him and then he backheeled it to Digne immediately leaving Lamptey marking thin air. Very simple but very clever play

8 hours ago, useless said:

I watched the replay on VillaTV and thought he had a very good game, even when he's not creating chances or trying to score himself you can see what a good player he is all over the pitch almost every time he gets the ball, his backheel from the throw in to set up Digne's cross for Cash's goal might have looked simple by his standards but most players wouldn't have thought of it and in some cases wouldn't have been able to execute it, shows that just a little piece of skill like that can make a big difference in the game.

Also he worked very hard and did a lot of pressing, as did Watkins and Ings, Ian Taylor was making the point on the commentary that it was probably the defensive work of the front three high up the pitch that won us the game or played a big part, as that's what stopped Brighton bringing the ball out from the back and playing their usual game

Agree with this, still getting full fitness but the class is there and the willingness to work really impressed me 

On 26/02/2022 at 16:57, Villa_Vids said:

I am glad he is enjoying his spell at the club contrary to what others have been suggesting about him being embarrassed to represent our club. I know his words will have little bearing whether he stays at the club or not, but it is nice to know that he appreciates being here. Class act.

Tbh I think the embarrassment is ours rather than his. It’s clear from how he is playing, his demeanour and what he says that he is very happy and rejuvenated. For the fans though I think we feel embarrassed that as a club we put the world class superstar Coutinho through a 1-0 home loss to one of the worst teams in the league. Rightly or wrongly I feel like that’s the vibe right now. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Tbh I think the embarrassment is ours rather than his. It’s clear from how he is playing, his demeanour and what he says that he is very happy and rejuvenated. For the fans though I think we feel embarrassed that as a club we put the world class superstar Coutinho through a 1-0 home loss to one of the worst teams in the league. Rightly or wrongly I feel like that’s the vibe right now. 

This is very much the case, I think, Villa fans feeling embarrassed. A comforting thought may be that Coutinho lived through playing for an absolutely awful Barcelona these last couple of seasons.

27 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

And that worked out well for him at Barca. I think he will stay 

First things first, though. Let's see how he performs the rest of this campaign. 

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

If a CL team comes in for him, he's as good as gone, IMO.

Im sorry thats crap. Of the Premier League Champions League teams who will sign him? It will probably be like normal Liverpool, City, Chelsea and United 

Not just that what has he done that he is automatically gone. 

On 04/03/2022 at 03:00, Spoony said:

I wouldn't say embarrassed, but I think him being here puts in perspective how far away from the top of the table we are. I know at lot of people on here (me included) thought we were getting close in terms of player quality. But he is clearly a level above, and the top teams have 15 guys as good or better on the squad sheet

Â