Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:
2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

As much as I loved Grealish and rated him when he was here, half of the moves in this video would be beyond him.

Not fair to start comparing him. He certainly had enough moves to get past most of the players in the premiership, rarely got dispossessed from what I can remember.

Both players are excellent at keeping the ball, but the biggest difference is that Coutinho can maintain possession at pace. This makes him much more dangerous in the final third than Grealish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mister_a said:

So if Tottenham have an option to buy, what percentage of his wages are they paying? 

33ACCEF5-1BB1-4C21-9FA1-8EBE0BA3802A.png.e5dfedde84ad9c81f8623ec55037ba32.png

It depends which way up you hold Januzaj

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

not sure if true, but i read that, for example:

His salary is 340k p/w, he agreed to take a 140k pay cut to help Barca financially and us pay it.

We pay 200k p/w, Barcelona pay 0k p/w.

Figures are total guess work ofc, but i have read numerous articles about him taking a pay cut, even Xavi said "Coutinho took a pay cut to allow the move to Villa to happen, because he wanted to play".

Not sure of the exact facts tho.

If Barca are paying nothing, then they would be able to register Torres.

More like Coutinho took 20% pay cut, and of the remaining 80%, we are paying 40% and Barca are paying 40%.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Dunno. I can never stop looking at the moss bros young adult suits he wears to notice

Over Xmas the Sky link man in the studio called him “our elf on the shelf” as he handed over.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I've seen anyone say he's too old from a footballing perspective to be fair 

I've seen and said some motivation and wealth linked to age stuff but never that 29 is too old to play 

Same as for any doubt or even criticism over the deal I've not seen anyone suggest that he was never any good at kicking a football or that he's overrated or anything like that 

Edited by villa4europe

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure I've seen anyone say he's too old from a footballing perspective to be fair 

I've seen and said some motivation and wealth linked to age stuff but never that 29 is too old to play 

Same as for any doubt or even criticism over the deal I've not seen anyone suggest that he was never any good at kicking a football or that he's overrated or anything like that 

There’s been plenty of concern about his age. But it’s not so much that he’s too old. I believe it’s more so about his value afterwords. If we were to sign him permanently it would £33 million for a 30 year old with a bad knee injury to his name. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Just a social media pic!  I have seen some people in social media talk about his age re his play after injuries and on here Ings gets commented on about his age so only a matter of time.

They was a few early on in the threads that questioned whether he could still do it after his injury and/or lack of personal football success/games the last three years.

It’s just a pic with some stats on at the end of the day, so pick at it if you want to suggest valid push back or not, I’m not fussed either way.  It would only be a few if there are some suggesting that but I did like how it showed how some of the best players in the league are older than him.

• Like 2

This thread has only grown by four and an half pages in the last 24 hours, which is quite surprising given it's possibly the biggest signing in the history of the club. It's not just about the qualify of Coutinho as a player, but also about what it says about our owners, shows that they mean it when they say they want to take us to the next level.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

This thread has only grown by four and an half pages in the last 24 hours, which is quite surprising given it's possibly the biggest signing in the history of the club. It's not just about the qualify of Coutinho as a player, but also about what it says about our owners, shows that they mean it when they say they want to take us to the next level.

Milot Rachica thread got to nearly 400 pages lol..... Thank **** we never signed him 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Both players are excellent at keeping the ball, but the biggest difference is that Coutinho can maintain possession at pace. This makes him much more dangerous in the final third than Grealish. 

If I were comparing I’d actually say grealish was moderately better at outright ball retention than coutinho- I think coutinho tries more tricks/flicks so loses the ball more frequently than grealish who’s somewhat more conservative.

but I agree, coutinho has got more pace than grealish so is arguably a better “runner” with the ball. He’s also got much higher goal threat (still grealish’s weakest attribute)

It’s regularly the case people get all excited about a signing and then it dies off when the deal is done (or at least, officially announced that it will be concluded).

It was the French bowling instructor Jacques Brunswick who said it best - “To the most beautiful moment in life. Better than the deed. Better than the memory. The moment...of anticipation.”

• Like 4

There’s also an element of trepidation now he has agreed to join and we don’t quite know what we will get. Plus he hasn’t actually joined yet.

Wait til he has joined, has his interviews and then starts playing. The erections will soon return. 

Edited by Spoony

Â