Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Just now, hippo said:

Gerrard's stated plan of not pushing on when ahead costs us.

Aside from a few minutes either side of the goal we've looked clueless going forward.

YEah, I think the commentators have been a bit generous with us. We're controlling the ball, but we're hardly doing anything with it. Really disappointing to go in level.

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

it's not really deserved though is it? they've been pissing about all game too, just got a wonder strike that went in from their first try.

It is though for being so casual.

For 20 minutes I've been screaming at the scream to punish them. Play forward and with purpose and tempo.

Strutting around like were on the beach because we're 1-0 and being given the ball constantly.

I'm fuming

• Like 3

We're so weak down the left. Targett not great defensively and very poor attacking. And when we're relying on him so much for attacking capability it really let's us down. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

For all our cute work in the middle our quality in the final 3rd has been awful, again. 

I think you are being overly kind. Our passing has been terrible.

Yet again 1 shot on target.

Just now, est1874 said:

Only Villa can "dominate" a game creating exactly 1 chance in the process.

Only one? I must have missed the other five.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

It is though for being so casual.

For 20 minutes I've been screaming at the scream to punish them. Play forward and with purpose and tempo.

Strutting around like were on the beach because we're 1-0 and being given the ball constantly.

I'm fuming

yeah I can agree that we need to be more aggressive now. Hopefully SG will get them to start pushing again in 2nd half.