Covid Outbreak

villarule123

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I am double jabbed. I "respect the virus". I tell my close ones (the most volnourable ones) to look after themselves, and take precaution. I also would strongly advise anyone not jabbed to do so.

I don't read social media (VT is the exception). 

But I don't think everyone who doesn't get vaxxed is selfish, an idiot, or a granny killer. I also think many of the precautions taken across the world go very much against civil liberties. I'm not talking about mask wearing. I am terrified that Boris can tell a single mother that she has to close her business because of the virus. This is a big alarm bell for me, and isn't right.

But what if that single mother, who barely hangs on, now sees Boris having an Xmas party last year? 

I wouldn't ridicule someone who questions the current virus status quo, there are various different people out there with different life circumstances. Not everyone against child vaccination is a social media right wing weirdo, so let's not treat them that way.

I get that, and I respect your pov, I do think there will and should be a time when we dissect our response and consider how we, and those in charge could have done better. 

That said, I tuned in to the press conference hoping to hear from two of the foremost medical experts in the country about how the hell we are gonna tackle Omicron, and 95% of press questions were about investigating a Christmas party a year ago. Annoyed me slightly.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

I get that, and I respect your pov, I do think there will and should be a time when we dissect our response and consider how we, and those in charge could have done better. 

That said, I tuned in to the press conference hoping to hear from two of the foremost medical experts in the country about how the hell we are gonna tackle Omicron, and 95% of press questions were about investigating a Christmas party a year ago. Annoyed me slightly.

Press conferences are BS. You spend 4 years at uni, get 2 internships, work long years 12 hour a day to get yourself to be a no10 reporter. 

If you ask a question that might actually challange the gov, or make them uncomfortable, you will simply lose your access to no10. All that hard work will go to waste.

We need more solid independent investigative journalism, because the press conferences won't tell us much.

• Like 1

Im thinking there has to be more than 1 case now amongst the playing squad.

Incubation period is what 7 - 14 days, symptoms may not immediately show. 

If they all travelled to and from Anfield on the coach together and that player that tested positive or background staff was on board (highly likely) I fail to see how this won't spread when they are in such a tight enclosed space?

We won't know the full extent of the outbreak till later this week imo.

Edited by AshVilla

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

If they all travelled to and from Anfield on the coach together and that player that tested positive or background staff was on board (highly likely) I fail to see how this won't spread when they are in such a tight enclosed space?

By then it could be too late, If the PCR test have not come back yet it would be insane to put them all on the coach again to Norwich this afternoon then all in the hotel overnight. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We could be lucky and its not one of the 5 or 6 bad boys who sit in the back seat of the bus.

9 minutes ago, Kingman said:

By then it could be too late, If the PCR test have not come back yet it would be insane to put them all on the coach again to Norwich this afternoon then all in the hotel overnight. 

Don't teams travel with two coaches now although think one is just for all the managers support staff.

I presume they all just stay in single rooms aswell in the hotel.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Don't teams travel with two coaches now although think one is just for all the managers support staff.

I presume they all just stay in single rooms aswell in the hotel.

They all stay in 1 single room! No wonder they look tired at the start of the match 😜

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

2 confirmed players now

Oh shit, here we go. 

If this new version is as contagious as they say, they're probably going to fall like ninepins. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

guess we'll know who tomorrow. there's not many positions where i'd have real concerns. probably just martinez and cash really. and the former has been around family playing with his kids etc on his instagram so i'm quite confident he's not one of them.

according to ash preece, tuanzebe, davis, watkins and buendia all trained today

32 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

For the sake of my fantasy side.

Please don't be Watkins.

😂 I hate that's where my mind went initially. Seriously though I hope all the players isolating make a full recovery.