Covid Outbreak

villarule123

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's amazing how some of the loudest "experts" that have done their research on social media have terrible spelling and grammar. It's almost as if they left school early or did poorly academically.  Perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions. 

No i think you're right, a lot of 'experts' have agendas, at the start of the pandemic many of the most vocal anti-vaccers were monetising that information and selling products on the back of it.

some people genuinely believe Covid was transmitted by 5G transmitters and the vaccine was engineered by Bill Gates to control people.

but no surprises really, people voted for Trump, Boris and Brexit also.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is this a new game like dead pool?

Yep.    Though we have 2 clues:

- Only 1 player in the squad affected

- That player wasn’t in the match-day squad last match.

That means it’s someone injured or someone who is in the 25 registered players but who didn’t get into the 18 players for match day.

6 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Does anybody else think its strange when players spit and blow their snot over the field during a pandemic? Then watch same players slide through it during a tackle or a dive.

Imagine if they had the old team baths of decades ago…

772494E0-3584-44F1-8B92-BAE2A0F16E75.jpeg
Villa players after 1957 FA Cup Final

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Herd Immunity is generally accepted to be anywhere between 60% & 85% for most viruses, where has the 95% come from?

The last couple of variants have pushed the percentage up. Indeed a few are saying even 100% vaccination won't guarantee zero deaths from covid, it's here to stay I'm afraid.

Long term goal is it reduces signficantly to common cold like status which claims lives but within "acceptable" prism but feck knows how many more years, variants and waves that will take.

I think at some stage football season will be disrupted and probably have to go to reduced crowds for a bit but can't see it going back to March 2020-June 2020 again and having three months without football.

36 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Bailey is also injured so another possibility.

Hope it's not him if his kids were playing with a VT member's young one today as seen in his thread!

I'd rather not speculate. Gerrard I'm sure will give full details tomorrow morning.

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yep.    Though we have 2 clues:

- Only 1 player in the squad affected

- That player wasn’t in the match-day squad last match.

That means it’s someone injured or someone who is in the 25 registered players but who didn’t get into the 18 players for match day.

There are now 9 players on the bench. It's either Traore, Davis, Bailey, Archer or Bidace. 

• Thanks 1

How refreshing to actually see people respecting this horrible virus. And not having to read stupid social media comments that claim the virus has been greatly exaggerated by those with an agenda. I mean, what an insult to all those many who have lost loved ones. It really does annoy that such idiots actually believe such nonsense. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

How refreshing to actually see people respecting this horrible virus. And not having to read stupid social media comments that claim the virus has been greatly exaggerated by those with an agenda. I mean, what an insult to all those many who have lost loved ones. It really does annoy that such idiots actually believe such nonsense. 

Like Dean, who lost his Dad to it!