Pre match thread

VillaChris

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Them team prettyuch picks itself for me, DL JJ SJM, Marv out injured.

I'm only concerned with Ollie looking like 75% of himself with regard to chances, should we start Ings, is he fit enough? 

Do we know for sure DL JJ and SJM are all out? 

• Haha 1

This is my team baring covid shenanigans 

Martinez

Cash             Konsa                   Mings         Targett

Luiz

Ramsey                  McGinn

Buendia               Ings               Watkins

Subs:  Steer, Hause, Tuanzebe, Young, Carney, Trez, El Ghazi, Sanson, Davis

On 12/12/2021 at 09:25, VillaFaninLondon said:

Our away form is poor and needs to improve in the next few games.

It is BUT we have played 5 of the big 6 (Plop, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Man U) away from home in our first 8 away games so hard to get a proper steer??

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm actually, strangely nervous about this game.

It's one of those I feel people are taking too lightly as a " foregone conclusion ".

From what i've been seeing, Norwich have been playing well.

All the storylines here will have them well and truly fired up as well.

This one is going to be very psychological as too IMO.

As Gerrard said, Dean knows the players very well, but the players also know Deano very well.

If both teams perform to their capabilities there SHOULD only be one winner.

However for no reason, I've got dodgy decision and bad luck vibes today.

I think that it’s important that we earn the right to control the game before we become more attacking. Rather than think we can just show up and walk all over them. We need to continue to be hard to beat, then hopefully our quality in forward areas can win us the game. 

Better teams than us sometimes struggle to win games when they forget the basics. Let’s not get suckered after some good performances against teams higher in the table. 

Peope who think we can just show up and blow them away are wrong. In the same way that people who think we should have gone toe to toe at Anfield are equally wrong. Liverpool aren’t just a very good team, they are a very good team that are currently on top form and have been blowing very good teams away recently. 

Tough game tonight but one which should give us more attacking opportunities than last Saturday. Let’s not forget we are the away team though and don’t expect to have 70% possession all game. 

• Like 3

Feels like a draw to me.  Smith knows our players too well and while Gerrard has them all guns blazing, my gut says Norwich will unfortunately pinch a draw.  

One of those times an Ex-Villa person comes back to haunt us as so often happens despite no obvious reason.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Feels like a draw to me.  Smith knows our players too well and while Gerrard has them all guns blazing, my gut says Norwich will unfortunately pinch a draw.  

One of those times an Ex-Villa person comes back to haunt us as so often happens despite no obvious reason.

Not sure he knew them by the end of his term if I’m honest.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Could be. It's a test for those needing to know if SG is an upgrade on Deano, we have the players to beat them, every day at BMH this group should be a little further along in their re-education, we should beat these but Dean is no mug, he could have a plan that rips us one. Can't see it myself, comfortable Villa victory with Deano celebrating with us at full-time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it'll be tougher than it looks, from what i've seen of them under smith norwich arent that bad they just lack quality, especially in attack

stay compact at the back and the old cliche of make them do something, whilst at the same time stretching the game up top, its not always easy, we should win, we should out play them but this is another game where'd id say only mad men bet on aston villa games, tonight could be anything