Pre match thread

VillaChris

23 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Could be. It's a test for those needing to know if SG is an upgrade on Deano, we have the players to beat them, every day at BMH this group should be a little further along in their re-education, we should beat these but Dean is no mug, he could have a plan that rips us one. Can't see it myself, comfortable Villa victory with Deano celebrating with us at full-time.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

So which Norwich player who's never scored is going to score and which Norwich player will rate 9.7 and be in Garth's team of the week?

This is the villa way, always and forever.

You just know it will be Rashica!  (If he isn’t injured)

• Haha 2

Goes without saying this will be tougher than it would have been had we played earlier in the season - Didn't they start with SIX defeats and not win their first until 12 games in! 😱

But they have definitely improved since then and we're unfortunate against Man Utd last time out - Given Deano knows our players better than anyone then it makes it perhaps more difficult than it should/could be.

That said, on paper, we have better players all over the park and not one of their players would dislodge ours IMO - That's not being disrespectful, that's just the truth - So really we should be looking for 3 points tonight for sure.

They will be up for it and see this as a big chance for 3 points also so we need to make sure we match their desire, effort and work rate and if we do that our quality should shine through.

Martinez, Cash, Targett, Konsa, Mings, Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, Buendia, Watkins and El Ghazi (who I think could be suited to tonight's game).

Dean has a nasty habit of getting wins against the team that he supports and Norwich are a better team now, than they were when he joined them. They are bottom for a reason though and it would have been difficult for them to have become any worse a team under our old boss. Stevie G has also made us harder to beat since his arrival and this really should be an away win for us. They have Aarons, Gilmour, Cantwell, Pukki and some bloke that was once linked to us. We have their former talisman and some rather good players to line up alongside him. It won't be easy and I don't think it will be 5-1 this time. 2-0 will do nicely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

Dean has a nasty habit of getting wins against the team that he supports and Norwich are a better team now, than they were when he joined them. They are bottom for a reason though and it would have been difficult for them to have become any worse a team under our old boss. Stevie G has also made us harder to beat since his arrival and this really should be an away win for us. They have Aarons, Gilmour, Cantwell, Pukki and some bloke that was once linked to us. We have their former talisman and some rather good players to line up alongside him. It won't be easy and I don't think it will be 5-1 this time. 2-0 will do nicely. 

Screenshot_20210730-120935_Gallery.thumb.jpg.205c42900d421ff418170bdba7c366a5.jpg

Oh come oooonnnn 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Id go with this but i imagine the two covid players will prob be key players. I think Ings might start the burnley game instead.

Martinez

Cash               Konsa                    Mings             Targett
                                             Luiz

Mcginn              Sanson

Ramsey                                   Buendia

Watkins

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Id go with this but i imagine the two covid players will prob be key players. I think Ings might start the burnley game instead.

Martinez

Cash               Konsa                    Mings             Targett
                                             Luiz

Mcginn              Sanson

Ramsey                                   Buendia

Watkins

I got a feeling Sanson might start too, we only have these recent few cameos to go on but he looks lovely and composed. Really hope he makes it here.