V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

The home of Aston Villa Football Club. 

Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 12.15.30.png

I guess the first thing that sticks out for me is that Christian Purslow isn't a director of VSports. Which for our owners signifies that he's someone that sits with Aston Villa, not the group as a whole.

That's all in keeping with what this looks like - the V isn't an accident - it looks like it means the Villa brand will be going to Vegas where we'll be looking to establish a team that fits into a group of clubs that are hopefully successful. Wes's train company have apparently secured some land in Vegas that has room for a stadium and a station that links Vegas to the West Coast - so the planning for winning that franchise seems quite advanced.

It'll be interesting to watch this develop and to see if there are plans already in place beyond Aston and Las Vegas.

• Like 1

So V Sport Investments Ltd is perhaps the most exciting thing that could ever happen to us! I mean a Vegas Villa team, if it comes to fruition the cross marketing potential is massive,  the Villa brand all over Las Vegas strip… Will shit all over & trump the sterile NYCFC x Citeh brand of corporate nothingness🤮

Eden’s could be persuaded to rebrand his FlyQuest Esport team in line again with this global brand approach.

Then you’ve got the potential discussion for an Egyptian club for both North African, African & Middle Eastern talents and marketing… By building a portfolio  of associated clubs we will increase our profile, sponsorship & revenue to close the gap between us and the Sky 6 commercially each season. I’m super excited about and cannot wait to see what unfolds. The futures bright - The futures claret & blue ! 

• Like 1

I wonder if anything will come of the links to Vitoria from the Portuguese league? There was a lot of rumours/talks about a partnership of some description at one point… 

That would be another V, anyway! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

We hit the jackpot with these guys, we were bankrupt if they’d not come in. The worry is that they saw us as a “quick flip” buy low and make a quick profit. 
The V sports investment, and many other  things suggest these guys are balls deep for the long term. 
So so lucky and privileged these guys are in charge. 

47 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I wonder if anything will come of the links to Vitoria from the Portuguese league? There was a lot of rumours/talks about a partnership of some description at one point… 

Would be a good team to buy and send the likes of Louie Barry there

9 hours ago, Tayls said:

Making massive business decisions based solely on a single letter, now that's a gimmick I can get behind.

Aston Villa
Vegas Villains
Vitoria Setubal
VVV-Venlo
Viking FK
Vissel Kobe
Velez Sarsfield
Melbourne Victory
Varbergs
Viktoria Plzen 
Valladolid
...Le HaVre?

10 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Making massive business decisions based solely on a single letter, now that's a gimmick I can get behind.

Aston Villa
Vegas Villains
Vitoria Setubal
VVV-Venlo
Viking FK
Vissel Kobe
Velez Sarsfield
Melbourne Victory
Varbergs
Viktoria Plzen 
Valladolid
...Le HaVre?

... Valencia, Venezia, Verona and of course Villareal.

11 hours ago, Tayls said:

We should end up with a Portuguese team. Purslow in his interview said we need to scout worldwide markets for talent and be clever around the new post Brexit visa system. 

A good young Brazillian player for example would find it much easier to get into Portugal than the UK until his career and earnings mature. 

18 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Aston Villa
Vegas Villains
Vitoria Setubal
VVV-Venlo
Viking FK
Vissel Kobe
Velez Sarsfield
Melbourne Victory
Varbergs
Viktoria Plzen 
Valladolid
...Le HaVre?

The people of Vietnam are in for a shock.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Hilarious they have villains in their name. 

I wonder what evil they are planning 👹

Frankly, think it would be better for the branding to be distinct from Aston Villa.  If I am a fan of another Premier League club it would feel awkward to root for a team which is overtly tied to AVFC. Furthermore, there will be a presumption that the club is a feeder team of Aston Villa which will turn off fans as well. 

Â