V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe. But I bet they have claret and blue colours. 

Another team stealing our glorious colours! Tut.

Perhaps after building a new stadium they'll be short of a few bob and we'll have to lend them our kit, after which they just happen to adopt it as their own?

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Villains is just a nice alliterative word to come after Vegas, and there are plenty of one-armed bandits in that city so the name makes sense.

I see no connection to Villans whatsoever.

i see the connection but at the same time agree it works perfectly with LV, both in phonetically as vegas villians and like you say the history of the city with the mobsters etc and that little bit of naughtiness that they'll never shake because deep down i dont think the tourist board wants to, i think its a really good name (in the context of yank sports)

glad they didnt go with Real Las Vegas or Les Vegas United or any of that bollocks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Frankly, think it would be better for the branding to be distinct from Aston Villa.  If I am a fan of another Premier League club it would feel awkward to root for a team which is overtly tied to AVFC. Furthermore, there will be a presumption that the club is a feeder team of Aston Villa which will turn off fans as well. 

Nah....its our nick name, only.

should be "Villans"  though.

Las Vegas Villans.......sounds great to me.

Las Vegas Villains, sounds like Lucky Luciano and Meyer Lansky are back.

Edited by TRO

This will be good for us...  Vegas is a huge market for sports franchises and MLS overall  has done a good job changing its image from being seen as the retirement home for aging European stars to a vibrant league with a lot of young talent.  Salary cap and MLS league rules even the playing field considerably, so I would anticipate NSWE to have LVV competing for silverware within a few seasons under their stewardship.  

9 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I think the Golden Knights owner is the rival bidder, so I doubt they'll go with something similar to them.

That is some competition to our owners but according to Google he is bowing out.

21 hours ago, KMitch said:

This will be good for us...  Vegas is a huge market for sports franchises and MLS overall  has done a good job changing its image from being seen as the retirement home for aging European stars to a vibrant league with a lot of young talent.  Salary cap and MLS league rules even the playing field considerably, so I would anticipate NSWE to have LVV competing for silverware within a few seasons under their stewardship.  

Purslow made a point of saying we are looking at expanding the club into growing markets to tap potential where visas / work permits might make bringing through youngsters difficult. We clearly have good youth recruitment and system, if we can replicate that into an emerging market like the USA we could be onto a serious winner. USA are starting to develop some good players now Mckennie (Juve) , Reyna (Dortmund) , Adams (Leipzig), Dest (Barca), Pulisic. Using the LVV, If we could have dibs on some of these youngsters we could be onto a winner.

Edited by pas5898

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Purslow made a point of saying we are looking at expanding the club into growing markets to tap potential where visas / work permits might make bringing through youngsters difficult. We clearly have good youth recruitment and system, if we can replicate that into an emerging market like the USA we could be onto a serious winner. USA are starting to develop some good players now Mckennie (Juve) , Reyna (Dortmund) , Adams (Leipzig), Dest (Barca), Pulisic. Using the LVV, If we could have dibs on some of these youngsters we could be onto a winner.

Or do what the MLS should do and try and sign the best 17/18 year olds from across South America and mexico

Its surprising there still arent more almirons, they need to set up an americas scouting network and find the next Alvarez, the next one of this Venezuelan kid man City have signed, the next angel or falcao

Then at the very least that scouting network should be linked to ours 

• Like 1

Â