Midweek Football 29/30 November/1/2 December

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I've got Andy Townsend doing the same 

I never even knew what newcastles home end was called before tonight but I feel like I've had a presentation on how famous it is 

And a number 9 scores at that end.....and we ALL know they love a number 9 up there 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Feels strange to still be defending hkm now he's not our manager... 

Its not Smith who's telling them to be slow and ponderous, there's no adventure or creativity in this team, no one willing to take a risk, no one even willing to just chuck it in the mixer, paired with poor movement 

Norwich are shit 

Maybe but he had different set of players here and looked just as clueless playing v 10 men as tonight, couldn't score v Sheffield who were worst team by miles (even the home game right at start of 20/21 we only scraped a 1-0) and I still remember being 2-1 up at Arsenal with 20 minutes left and them having 10 men and losing it 3-2.

Most managers probably have win ratio of 85/90% when you play opposition down to 10 men for substantial amount of time e.g. 20 minutes or over. DS ratio probably barely 20% in last 3-4 years.

Pretty sure we also played Watford away, they were 1 up, had someone sent off and then scored twice in five minutes and won 3-0 so not unlucky if it keeps on happening.

He should just put Idah on, play 3 upfront and just pump the ball forward.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I love the bloke, but after the raw emotion of him being sacked, and I was genuinely gutted, I'm quite relieved he's not our manager any more. Lovely bloke, great Villa man. Bang average manager. 

i said to my mate it's like when your girlfriend leaves you. initially you're gutted but then in a couple of weeks you remember the things that annoyed the **** out of you about her

bang average is very harsh though. but not good enough to keep this lot up though i fear. this will be a big missed opportunity

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That’s always a penalty, not sure what game some of you are watching. 

Equivalent of the ball being smashed at him from a yard away, I understand the way the law is written that it’s the ‘right’ call but nothing he did there was intending to prevent a goal

Just now, Davkaus said:

How can they look so much worse against a 10 man Newcastle than they did against Wolves and Southampton? 

Because Newcastle being down to 10 men means they've gone deeper narrower and more compact meaning Norwich have to break them down, whilst having no players capable of breaking them down

Its the same as it was with us

Not sure why so many people think playing vs 10 automatically makes it easier, for poor teams it makes it harder 

• Like 1

Â