Match Thread: Villa v Brighton

limpid

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

And missed 2 penalties I'm told 

First one was saved and the rebound put away.

VAR made them re-take it due to encroachment, and it was saved again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

They are getting closer, need to close them down higher up the pitch 

Started off like that, I think We'll change our shape a bit, might see that 2 10s thing.

Want to see Bailey for half an hour, he could change this game for us

• Like 1

Awesome start to the half... poor finish to the half.  Let's see what moves SG makes.  Curious when we'll see the first change and who it's going to be.  I'd take Buendia out and put Bailey in...  also wouldn't mind Carney coming in for Nakamba and changing the shape slightly.  VP was super quiet at the end there...  imagine the nervousness of the crowd is going to continue to be felt more and more...  hopefully we can get an early goal to get it rocking and roaring.

Edited by TheLegendOfLeonBailey31
  • Like 1

Just now, pregra said:

Not exactly a new manager bounce. We are getting schooled. Brighton, everything we want to be. 

They schooled Liverpool possession wise at anfield tbf and were unfortunate not to win.

Still i think we don't have the players for this high press game were suddenly going with.

• Like 1

Just now, OhioVilla said:

Despite the possession numbers, it doesn't really feel like BHA have had any more scoring chances than us.

Team is crying out for any sort of pressure, pace and control up front from any of the 3.

Yeah, they haven't.  Brighton look dangerous down their flanks, but I'd only say they've been marginally better than us really.

We're lacking creativity - it isn't coming from Watkins and Buendia (aside from a neat flick to Ings).  McGinn has been good, though.

Just now, PaulC said:

Looked a bit more organised and harder to break down. I'd get Ings off for Bailey and move Watkins down the middle. ings has been poor. 

Are you Watkins dad or something?

• Haha 1

Meh. 

Ramsey, Martinez, Cash, McGinn and Mings good. The rest have been average to poor. Buendia very poor for the most part. That transfer is going to cost us a lot in the future if he doesn’t drastically improve. 

Think Brighton will win this unfortunately. They look more dangerous and move the ball quicker. 

• Like 1

Possibly a bit more intensity than in previous games but other than that pretty much more of the same we've become used to.

Fully understandable since it's the same players and Gerrard has only been here a few days and only had maybe 1 training with them. Not a manager in the world that can change things in such a short time.

Game could go either way, hopefully we get a result we can build upon.

• Like 1