Match Thread: Villa v Brighton

limpid

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We really do look like a side in a relegation scrap by the way. Brighton at home should be a game we’re looking to win but we look like a team that could concede at any minute. 

Other clubs are picking up points around us now. We have to pick up wins from somewhere..anywhere?

Brighton are 7th, and we are 16th, so that notion is probable a false narrative purely based on  " We're Aston Villa " atm.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Do you think they tried?

None of us have any real idea about the recruitment process but I suspect it started at a low key level long before Smith was sacked and would at some stage have involved an assessment of who might be up for a move, at which point Potter’s name would almost certainly have come up. 

However, dream as we might, I’m not sure Potter would see Villa as his next move. Probably aiming a bit higher and in the meantime he only gets kudos as Brighton play better and better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Tbh I think the main difference has been Martinez being a lot sharper than the last couple of months.

For the first half of the first half, it was noticeable that Mings (and I guess Konsa) weren't playing balls in to the channels.  Mings in particular was holding on to it, playing it in to feet.  Seemed to be a definite change.

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

No it doesn’t, clean sheet so far and they have more energy. Nice inter changes. We’re you really expecting a total transformation in a week?

The answer to your question is where I wrote “From our perspective it’s obviously too early for the new coaching staff to make an impact “