Michael Beale

maqroll

21 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

At least Gerrard will have plenty of contacts to bring in a replacement. I’m not overly concerned. 

Will be interesting to see if he goes older or same age group, someone in another mentor type role as gmac or the likes of Ashley Cole

Gabby has his badges... 

Didn't realise Beale had spent time as Sao Paulo assistant manager 

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

Does this mean we might get some width on the pitch? 

There won't be many coaches used to setting a team up with everyone in the middle of the pitch, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A coach who might advocate / help us find a hybrid of how SG wants to set up and still be able to include wide players could be ideal?

I think this could be a good thing... The system is, apparently, heavily influenced by Beale. It has left us exposed massively at times, someone with a tacticians brain will have ideas of how we can change things up for the better. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

So the brains of the operation is leaving.

Where does that leave Gerrard.

He might be able to attract the players but with no nouse behind him this won't end well.

I mean, presumably he's allowed to hire another coach. And it's not like all big managers don't have coaches too. And it's not like coaches don't leave and get replaced. 

Imagine Barry Lewtas will be one of the names thrown around. Current Liverpool U23s coach. 

He joined Liverpool's academy in 2013 after spells with Wigan and Bolton. He started with their U10s-U12s in 2013. Then moved up to U16s during the time Gerrard had the U18s. Once Gerrard moved on to Rangers he took over from him and immediately won the FA Youth Cup in his first season.

In 2020 he took on the U23s when Neil Critchley left the U23 post to take on Blackpool.

Through the Covid year 2020/2021 they finished 7th in Premier League 2 Division 1, highlighting issues that Klopp had warned Gerrard of with U23s - he (Klopp) will mess around with that team and the available players much more often, which is why U18s is a good place to grow as a manager - and then they just finished 4th in the 21/22 Season

(Before Lewtas they had finished: 2nd in 17/18,  4th 18/19, 5th in the curtailed 19/20 season.)

So they'd been on the wane a bit but 7th was an underperformance, 4th this year was back to roughly where they would expect to finish. But as always, results aren't always important at U23s

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

So the brains of the operation is leaving.

Where does that leave Gerrard.

He might be able to attract the players but with no nouse behind him this won't end well.

It's only one coach from a whole team of coaches.

Gerrard has played under some top managers and played with some top players so will have picked up endless amounts of experience over the years.

As others have said it's not like Beale decided everything. 

Gerrard is the manager and hopefully with better players he can prove now how good he is.

Not as if he'll be short of contacts for a replacement either 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Will be interesting to see if he goes older or same age group, someone in another mentor type role as gmac or the likes of Ashley Cole

Gabby has his badges... 

I hope it’s nothing like this. We need a tactician, the thought of gabby in a coaching role makes me feel ill 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I hope it’s nothing like this. We need a tactician, the thought of gabby in a coaching role makes me feel ill 

Gabby should never ever be near this club again. Horrid thought. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Gabby has his badges... 

Gabby could offer to work here for free and it would still be a hard no.  

Â