Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Buendia probably dropped because his sloppy passing has put us in trouble a few times.

Still not convinced Young should be starting for us at his age in the front three but Gerrard obviously likes him and we do have injuries there. 

Good options on the bench with Ings, Sanson, AEG, Carney and Buendia. I see Trez there too. Must stay in the game and look to hit them on the break.

The one thing Liverpool do is blow teams away at times. I like his pragmatic approach to this game. Not much pace up front but lots of fairly decent pace breaking from midfield. 

Buendia can be prone to be swamped by the opposition and leave our shape wonky but i think if we are in the game later on he will come on and be asked to change it up . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Still not convinced Young should be starting for us at his age in the front three but Gerrard obviously likes him and we do have injuries there. 

I think Gerrard wants him out there as his midfield and forwards captain. Make sure they all know what they are doing when we are under the expected pressure. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Glad City and plop are out of the way in a couple hours. City is always more dominant against us, but I have no expectations today either. Hopefully we don't get embarrassed.

Pretty much where my head's at with it. We're still in the position where even a draw here would be considered a shock result. Which tells you everything you need to know about the PL.

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think Gerrard wants him out there as his midfield and forwards captain. Make sure they all know what they are doing when we are under the expected pressure. 

Yeah, that's probably the case. He's also a useful set piece taker. 

I just hope the pace of the game isn't too much for him as Plop play at a very high intensity.

Struggle to see us threatening much in open play with that starting XI. Nice to have such quality on the bench though, if we can stay in the game til around the hour mark then who knows. Main thing for me is just putting in an encouraging performance regardless of the result that can be carried into hopefully taking 6 points from the following 2 games.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yeah, that's probably the case. He's also a useful set piece taker. 

I just hope the pace of the game isn't too much for him as Plop play at a very high intensity.

Hes still got pace i think and is obviously in great shape. Even if hes off after 55 mins shattered so be it.  I thought it would be El Goalszi today to be fair but i guess Ash has bought in fully to the new regime and tactics. 

I am even more impressed that we have Jacob out there again. Gerrard totally trusts him . Which is good news for the future and our other youngsters 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Glad City and plop are out of the way in a couple hours. City is always more dominant against us, but I have no expectations today either. Hopefully we don't get embarrassed.

I was thinking Klopp wouldn't want to embarrass Gerrard at Anfield even if he could.  If they go a couple of goals up, he will probably tell the team to sit back a bit.

I’m watching this on Premier Sports, it’s all been a bit embarrassing. They say over and over again he wants to be the next Liverpool manager. Then they ask the “panel” if it’s disrespectful to talk about SH being next Liverpool manager. 
Complete bollocks so far! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hippo said:

Where's the width today ? - Cash ?

Every day, the width in our side comes from the fullbacks, occasionally supplemented by someone from the middle three - the two tens are there to work the ball from the middle to the front and support the striker. We don't play with wingers any more.