Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I'm not worried about today to be fair... its a free hit as far as i'm concerned. Liverpool are outstanding at the minute so i'm expecting nothing, 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm not worried about today to be fair... its a free hit as far as i'm concerned. Liverpool are outstanding at the minute so i'm expecting nothing, 

Exactly how I'm feeling, I'm watching just to see us pull a result so I can give my Liverpool mates shit for a long time. If we lose, meh, move on to Norwich and Burnley.

• Like 2

1-1 till 95th minute, then salah faints in the area after receiving a TM stare.

After 10 minutes of treatment, brave Mo picks himself up, takes the richly deserved penalty, hits the post then the back of Remi's head to give the mighty reds the victory they're so worthy of.

Or something like that...

Edited by mottaloo

Think it will be 2-1 or 3-1 to Liverpool but would be delighted if we can get a positive result up there.

As long as we don't get thrashed we'll have the "at least we didn't lose 7-2" ready to come back with!

If we're at our best for 90 minutes and Liverpool have an off day then we have a chance.

UTV!

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Yep. Pretty much. I know that’ll change as soon as we get a little bit of momentum and hope, though, and agony will inevitably ensue. 

The team pretty much picks itself, it's just that second number ten that's the question - Ramsey, Young, Chukwuemeka or El Ghazi?

I think for this one I'd go with Young, but any of the first three will do for me.

It'll be interesting to see what we do when everyone's fit - I'm not sure Traore works hard enough or consistently enough for Gerrard's pattern and whilst Bailey has the ability to excel here, he isn't quite a natural fit. Trezeguet I think is more of a traditional winger and might struggle.

I think in the summer we might see a changeover in squad personnel in the forward midfield positions.

For today, I'm not expecting anything, I'm hoping we give it a good go and show what we're made of - any sort of result would be fantastic.

I'll be down like a cloud's reflection in a puddle if we lose, which unfortunately is the most probable result. But the good thing is even if we do lose, we won't have to dwell on it for too long as we have a game in the week against Norwich, to try and turn things around if we get a disappointing result today.