Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Surprised about Buendia, but I have faith in Ramsey and Young. Good strength on the bench with El Ghazi, Trez, Emi, Ings and Carney in the attacking positions. Let’s hope our defence can keep us in the game so when we get our chances, they’ll actually count if we take them. 

Buendia may have been one of the knocks in training, but it also appears like Gerrard likes to rotate and trusts them all. It’s a great position to be in to have your good players all playing regularly but also not playing every match. Definitely not a case of ‘lost ball two or three times so benched’

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Buendia dropped. Too much giving the ball away? 

It might be blasphemy - but I think Stevie G has been quite defensive so far.

I know that doesn't fit the story - but that's what I'm seeing. 

Where's the width today ? - Cash ?

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Trez after a year out injured at the same place written to come on and get the 4-1 consolation goal

Still furious that wasn't a pen. And should have been at least a booking if not red. Because of the dangerous shove. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoaaaa. What is this blasphemy? He’s been brilliant don’t you know. 

And the only reason he loses the ball is because he always tries that killer ball…

It doesn’t have to be a negative. It’s a squad game and we’ll use it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No buendia? Interesting. 

Not really. He can’t pass it 5 yards. The price tag can cloud judgement. He’s just another player, held to the same standards as another player and he’s making too many basic errors. Good call.