Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

20 hours ago, TRO said:

Paul, I think we have had the toughest test, Man City at home.

why at home?, because at home, you are expected to take the game to the opposition and I still think we are still a counter attacking team.

We haven't got the control of possession to be anything else.

should be a good game.

Ok but playing at Anfield for me is the toughest test in football. Hopefully we can match them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nigel said:

This one really isn't!

Not many will get anything away at Annfield, its a pure bonus game!

It is a big ask....This is not the Liverpool we beat 7-2, a draw would be stupendous.

Pressure is on the players to keep our good form going - no reason they can't. Odds are against us but this is one game, I think we'll have learnt from the first half against citeh, pretty sure we will score.

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

Isn't that the same person?☹️

In my case, it quite literally is (for one of my jobs anyway). She's also a Liverpool fan (thanks to Dudek), in the process of being converted. Another crushing Villa win against them should do the job. 4-1, Buendia with all 5 goals.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

On 05/12/2021 at 22:43, RedFloyd said:

Wolves just proved we can be played by a stout defence and midfield pressure. No doubt your boys will be passionate about coming to Anfield for Stevie, so I expect your start to be brave. Guarantee the 7-2 is written in the dressing room at Kirkby. Don't see a clean sheet for either side. Our guys have Milan on the road while you have a week to prepare. 2-1 is my hope, prepared for the worst.

I saw that and whilst you ultimately overpowered Wolves, the first 20 mins was how I think (if there is ultimately any real way) Liverpool can be rattled. The high energy press kind of got to them a bit. Once Wolves conceded it was game over, but they had a few chances early doors. 

Edit. actually it might have been the Everton game. I can't remember tbf. 

Edited by HKP90

4 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I saw that and whilst you ultimately overpowered Wolves, the first 20 mins was how I think (if there is ultimately any real way) Liverpool can be rattled. The high energy press kind of got to them a bit. Once Wolves conceded it was game over, but they had a few chances early doors. 

Edit. actually it might have been the Everton game. I can't remember tbf. 

We were up 2-0 after twenty against the Ev, could have been 4, easy. Wolves on the other hand, came right at us. High pressure, close marking in midfield and their backs were unreal. Mad credit to Ait-Nouri. Ran himself into the ground to keep Salah in check. Wasn't til Hoever came on for him that Mo could find some space. Exploited a kid to create a chance.

While we did have the lions share of chances against Wolves, we did well to limit them moving against us, especially in open play. It looks like our best setup is TAA, Matip, VVD, Robbo across the back with Fabinho as a DM, Henderson right and Thiago left. Hendo and Thiago both excel in covering for our fullbacks. If that's who starts, I feel safe. Replace any of them, it'll get exciting for Allison.

Edited by RedFloyd
Hit save early
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

West Ham beat them. Brighton came from 2 down to draw at Anfield. Brentford drew 3-3 with them. It can be done. However, the fact we have started very slowly in the last couple makes me think it could be a long afternoon on Merseyside. They are just relentlessly good right now like a machine

The constant between all of those games was we were missing Thiago Alcantara. He's bloody amazing at keeping/gaining possession. Really ties the room together.

The other constant was they all came in and played their game. Wolves should have been on that list too. It's no guarantee of points, but that's the way I see it.

Can't see Stevie letting anyone take a nap early on.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RedFloyd said:

We were up 2-0 after twenty against the Ev, could have been 4, easy. Wolves on the other hand, came right at us. High pressure, close marking in midfield and their backs were unreal. Mad credit to Ait-Nouri. Ran himself into the ground to keep Salah in check. Wasn't til Hoever came on for him that Mo could find some space. Exploited a kid to create a chance.

While we did have the lions share of chances against Wolves, we did well to limit them moving against us, especially in open play. It looks like our best setup is TAA, Matip, VVD, Robbo across the back with Fabinho as a DM, Henderson right and Thiago left. Hendo and Thiago both excel in covering for our fullbacks. If that's who starts, I feel safe. Replace any of them, it'll get exciting for Allison.

Guess it was the Wolves game then, sorry.

1 minute ago, RedFloyd said:

I'd send you a thumbs up, but my account hasn't unlocked that far yet. 

Cheers,

RF

I’m just showing off with the laughing emoji. If it’s any consolation I think you’ll wallop us in the upcoming game.

12/1 to beat them, might be worth a punt. The same odds for the away game in 2014 which i went to and saw us win 1-0 with a gabby goal early doors. won 120 back plus my stake of 10 pounds and then used it to pay for everton away a month or so later where we got humbled 3-0. Do think this is a tough one and we are not expected to get anything at all. A decent performance with 2 wins against Norwich and Burnley would be fantastic

11 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I’m just showing off with the laughing emoji. If it’s any consolation I think you’ll wallop us in the upcoming game.

Rub it in, why don't ya... 🥸. Fingers crossed, but I'm not putting any money against you guys.

• Like 1

I am enjoying the hype tbh. Sure we are odds on to lose but whatever. If we are competitive I have no issue losing to one of the best sides in the world right now. Excited to see us play as always!

also fortheloveofpaulmgrath podcast's paddy merntioned klopp refused to celebrate their thrashing of us when we went down, that was classy of him. puts klopp up a notch in my book.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer