Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

22 hours ago, andykeenan said:

TV games already picked for December will stay as it is 

Hopefully stays but nothing surprises me with Sky moving games or kick off times at the last minute 

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, supermon said:

I am shitting this one because of 

1) 7-2

2) They are annihilating every team they play

If it was the other way round, I wouldnt be fancying playing us at the moment tho

• Like 1

Im really looking forward to this game now, feels a bit of a free hit but also one where im intrigued to again see Gerrard pit his wits against a top manager & club - Add the emotional links and i think its a fascinating game.

Full week on the training field and finger crossed no one else out apart from the longer terms and a Danny Ings fit and I think it could be closer than some think

Would be amazing to get a point here, but as long as we put in a good performance - and start well in particular - I'll be happy. We're in a good place to chase down Brighton and Wolves now. They have Spurs/Man City next then play each other while we've got Norwich. Exciting times.

• Like 3

Our defence is key here, we need all of them to be on the money, with help from MF, defend from the front and all that, this lot are lethal and bang in form, would love a clean sheet here along with some great counter attacking flow, if we knock the points here I'll be dreaming of top6. draw good too. UTV

I would expect the same squad we played against Wolves. Firmino and Keita are possible starters, heard they're close. Konate is getting called into more physical matchups too, so no surprise if he slots in for Matip.

On 05/12/2021 at 21:39, villalad21 said:

We can't start the game in the same manner as we did against city. 

This. Or Leicester. Game will be over at HT if we do. Get in their faces early and look to make the most of set pieces. 3 games running we’ve scored from a corner now. Not a WDFAFC in sight in match threads thesedays. Some turnaround.

Klopp is a known admirer of Watkins, Liverpool will be well prepared for him following 4 goals in 2 games against them last season. We did well there last season without Jack tbf; its another good test for this squad as we evolve under Gerrard. Lets hope we catch them on an off day because they look imperious again this season and have the best player in the league right now.

3-1 Liverpool (McGinn)

46 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Dont they have a CL game midweek ? 

I am looking foreward to this game and if they do have a cl; game midweek then thats better still

They have a champs league match away to AC Milan tonight - however they have already won the group so will field a B team, saving their better players for the weekend.