Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Most managers in world football wouldn't have done anywhere near as well as Emery has done, so that isn't evidence for Gerrard being a bad manager, the evidence for him being a bad manager is what he did himself whilst with us. To look at it otherwise it to take credit away from Emery

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s actually quite baffling that owners who could make the genius decision of getting Emery, also thought this utter **** was the right man. 

At the risk of dredging up the endless merry go round of the CP discussion, I think it is fair to say Purslow was the driving force for that. 

I give him the bulk of the credit for hiring Smith. I give him the bulk of the blame for Gerrard.

With Emery, I do feel like that was Sawiris in particular saying “**** this, no more pissing about with someone who might prove to be good at this level and beyond, I’m bringing in someone who we know is.”

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 4

From memory Dean was sacked on the Sunday and I heard on the Tuesday that Gerrard had been told the job was hi on the Monday and was announced on the Thursday. I hardly hear anything to be honest and really hoped that I had been told a load of balls but it looks like it was accurate. Absolutely terrible appointment from Purslow which he paid the price for. Thankfully Nassef decide he knew best and by Christ he found us our saviour

• Like 1

Purslow's sychophant nature towards Gerrard in their time at liverpool was well documented well before either came to the club, his infatuation and admiration for him made that appointment. Purslow nailed his balls to the mast for him and the owners chopped them off when they gave Gerrard the boot.

Â