Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

On 18/12/2023 at 18:11, StewieGriffin said:

Cant wait to see how his media mates try to cover for him being sacked from this job

He won’t get sacked he’s not there to be successful, he’s there to be a name.

Just needs time, and a couple of transfer windows to build the team he wants. It's the players fault, they are shit. He is a great manager.

Newcastle - take note! An excellent opportunity for you if he unexpectedly becomes available.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not even funny at this point.  This useless word removed probably getting 10m for two abominations of a performance.

You'd be honestly ashamed if it was you, wouldn't you?

I wouldn't - I'd be loving it if someone gave me 10m to be crap at my job.

In a way it is not Gerrard's fault that people keep rewarding him with huge sums of money based on very little managerial success...

54 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not even funny at this point.  This useless word removed probably getting 10m for two abominations of a performance.

You'd be honestly ashamed if it was you, wouldn't you?

There's no way he thinks he's at fault or is a poor manager. In his head it's all the players fault. 

• Like 4

Quote from Independent article on Gerrard’s plight at Al Ettifaq:

‘But then that’s the other trap of the Saudi Pro League: you largely lose your right to sympathy. If football management is a meritocracy, you earn your corn not just through performance but the decisions to take to move where and when and what for. If Gerrard didn’t foresee that he faced more reputational dangers than the 30-somethings he signed, he was a fool. He took the money and ran himself over’

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Quote from Independent article on Gerrard’s plight at Al Ettifaq:

‘But then that’s the other trap of the Saudi Pro League: you largely lose your right to sympathy. If football management is a meritocracy, you earn your corn not just through performance but the decisions to take to move where and when and what for. If Gerrard didn’t foresee that he faced more reputational dangers than the 30-somethings he signed, he was a fool. He took the money and ran himself over’

All well and good but Danny Murphy and Carragher plus his other media mates thought he should have had more time at Villa. Its fine because he laid the foundations for Unai 😂

Â