Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

The reason why so many of us were frustrated under Gerrard is because we could see the potential in this squad. Not saying any of us called top 6 potential but definitely much better than relegation battlers ffs.

I think back to Gerrard - regularly leaving out Douglas and Buendia ffs. Madness.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The reason why so many of us were frustrated under Gerrard is because we could see the potential in this squad. Not saying any of us called top 6 potential but definitely much better than relegation battlers ffs.

I think back to Gerrard - regularly leaving out Douglas and Buendia ffs. Madness.

A lot of us said comfortable top 10. Hence why gerrard is a mug. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

A few thoughts from yet another successful Unai cam.

• Buendia really gets it in the neck from him which I find funny. Pretty sure it's because he drops deep looking for the ball. No Emi! Hold your line up the field so you can be found behind their midfield.
  • What do you reckon he's saying to McGinn after that third? McGinn confirming Ramsey should come off I think?
  • Love big Jhon's admiration of Watkins. Perfect player to him to look to if he wants to be a successful PL player.
  • Don't think I've ever seen a manager who is so uninterested in taking any limelight whatsoever. It's incredible.

Meanwhile, Steven Gerrard after an ugly 1-0 win at Goodison:

272430367_5084602661626726_7089253482804

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Gerrard had that toxic mix of being eager to hog the limelight while also being light on detail behind the scenes. Unai is the exact opposite.

The funny thing is he was trying to make it out like the players couldn't handle all of the detail he was conveying to them and talked about "getting back to basics". Yeah I'm sure you were putting on a football masterclass behind closed doors Steven, being the tactical savant you are.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He didn't know how to get the best out of technically gifted players, so he left them out 🤦‍♂️

At the end of the day he was just found out in this role and at this level. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

I do wonder if they have manager cam of Gerrard at the end. 5 minutes of miserable rotten lemon sucking Scouse bastard sat in a coat, week after week.

Would have loved Gerrard cam in the Fulham game or fan cam.

My mate who doesn't go Villa often after the Newcastle game actually said to me where's Unai? I said he's not Gerrard "fist pumping the Holte after a win and he had scored the winner and sprinting down the touchline after a loss"

Arsehole.

9 hours ago, Mantis said:

Gerrard had that toxic mix of being eager to hog the limelight while also being light on detail behind the scenes. Unai is the exact opposite.

It's night and day between the two, not just the tactical side of it but the media part as well.

24 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Gerrard will be fine in his next job if we give him coutinho. 

Those moments or magic will bring him loads of success. 

Coutinho can be his researcher for his punditry career?

• Haha 1

Linked to Olympiacos. He'd be a brave and very stupid man if he takes that job. Their fans will hound him out and torch his car within half a season.

They want a "big name" apparently. 

3 hours ago, sne said:

Linked to Olympiacos. He'd be a brave and very stupid man if he takes that job. Their fans will hound him out and torch his car within half a season.

He's got no backroom team, no ability, no humility to take a job outside a top flight somewhere and learn what he's doing.

I don't think he'll ever manage again. Being linked to jobs is a sign his agent is active though.

Once again, LOVE the thought of him tuning into that game on Saturday and seeing how brilliant we are. The penny might have dropped that he's got so so far to go.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sne said:

This is how I reckon he's been linked:

Board member one: Ok, so which managers are out of work at the moment. Pochettino, Benitez, Marsch. Add them to the list. Anyone else?

Board member two: How about Gerrard?

*pause*

Whole board:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, sne said:

As names go, they don't get much bigger than Stevie G mate.  Do you not remember that night in Istanbul? 🤣

• Haha 1

Â