Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, YLN said:

The amount of bedwetting in this thread... It's great to see it. I was bedwetting when he got the job. Bedwetting back in April as well.

So glad to see all the bedwetters united now. Anyone up for changing the name of the club?

Feels so good to wake up soaked in my own urine and know that I'm not alone

I genuinely can't make out what point you're trying to make?

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if he got the Brentford game as that comes so soon after this one, if he doesn't get sacked tomorrow then probably will get Brentford because they're not going to sack him on Saturday the day before the game. So tomorrow a big day to see what they do.

• Like 1

Thing is you might be prepared to stick with him or defend him if we were playing intoxicating, exciting football.

Or being incredibly unlucky and you could feel we should have won a few games. 

But there is nothing. It's dreadfully bad football every week. 

It's tedious to watch. 

We're justifiably getting beaten. At our very best we're unlucky not to grab a draw. 

There is nothing so it's hard to raise any argument for him or feel sorry for him. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Just now, useless said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he got the Brentford game as that comes so soon after this one, if he doesn't get sacked tomorrow then probably will get Brentford because they're not going to sack him on Saturday the day before the game. So tomorrow a big day to see what they do.

Please NO!

Can someone explain to me, why the heck would you drop Matty Cash to put Bednarek in when our back 4 has been so disrupted anyway? On what planet was that a good decision? Surely if there were these apparent green shoots against Chelsea it would have made sense to keep that vibe going rather than remove one of the attacking full backs? Such a bizzarre decision which for me did not help with cohesion at the back and gave Fulham the inititative right from the get go. He of course had to change it at half time as it had badly failed.

Just another example of clueless management & coaching in my eyes. The one thing we needed tonight was that little bit of continuity in the team after all the disruption of the first 9 games.

A daft mistake which the half time sub confirmed for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think it would be good for anyone for him to lead the team out at Villa Park on Sunday.

I include Steven Gerrard in that, I've said it before, but this is the first time in football he's failed. Since he was 13 or 14, he's been a brilliant player, a captain, an international, a European Cup winner, Champion at Rangers, twenty odd years of pretty much consistent success - he looks like he hasn't got a clue how to deal with failure and I'm not sure he'll ever quite recover.

He’s on a hiding to nothing if he’s stays in charge for Sunday. Brentford is a tough game, at the best of times. With the fans wanting him out, the place will be toxic ( and understandably so ) if he’s on the line. Get rid ASAP

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Just go to Brentford with any manager from the academy, can’t be worse than this.

• Like 1

You would have to be a absolute lunatic to give him brentford game after that tonight.

VP will be absolutely toxic if he leads the team out. I expect a announcement tomorrow once compensation is agreed. I reckom he will end up back at rangers. Its more his level

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Yes, if he's still Villa manager this time tomorrow, then he gets the Brentford game, then who knows what happens, a result against Brentford and he might get the Newcastle game as well.

• Sad 1

Â