Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So just to clarify gerrards record against all three promoted clubs

1 point out of 9

0 goals scored

5 conceded.

Embarrassing pathetic and a sheer disgrace.

Honestly i think he has been our worse ever premier league manager 

Worse than sherwood mcleish and even garde. Even bruce was bettee than him.

All those other managers listed have a reasonable excuse. Gerrard has been backed with millions and has a decent team at his disposal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

All those other managers listed have a reasonable excuse. Gerrard has been backed with millions and has a decent team at his disposal. 

Exactly.  I cant think anyone in my lifetime as villa manager has been a bigger failure than him.

• Like 1

One of the worst decisions this club has ever made… THE worst manager we have had (considering context, resources, squad).

Please… let this nightmare be FINALLY over.

Long overdue.

I want to enjoy supporting this club again… we all do… enough of this misery.

• Like 2

That was an absolutely calamitous performance against a newly promoted team. There is absolutely no way I see him last the week unless whoever is running the club is as equally incompetent. In which case we're ****.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I wouldn’t say many decent men hang out with notorious gangsters. 

Yeah, fair point, although it is the father of his daughter''s boyfriend, so willing to forgive him on that (although yes it's insane, and I hate the whole Kinahan Cartel... see Off Topic for more on that). But generally he has handled himself okay.

I won't shed any tears if he goes, but at least he hasn't dragged us into the gutter by criticising the fanbase and criticising the club. Hopefully he carries on like that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's good enough to manage at this level.

Ultimately it's not a surprise is it?

He came in and was immediately saying Beale does all the tactics and coaching and it would take him 15 years to become as good on the training ground as him.

So basically we have been paying millions for someone to speak well at press conferences. 

If you are a player, surely you are looking at that and wondering, and after this summer, you are basically thinking 'we are now being coached by the former Blackpool manager'. Not exactly inspiring to them is it.

6 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I’m still expecting someone to tell me he should get the Brentford and Newcastle games to turn things around. 

Let me save you some effort. No. 

Anyone who can find a way to back or support him would be BEYOND DELUDED now.

It’s over, it has to be. Stupid for the club to have allowed it to go on so long… I’m worried about the damage that has been done…these players need a huge lift…

Deano, first 11 matches 2021-22: 3 wins, 1 draw, 7 losses (10 points), -6 goal difference, 16th place

SG, first 11 matches: 2 wins, 3 draws, 6 losses (9 points against a weaker schedule), -9 goal difference, 17th place and out of the relegation zone only on goals scored because Wolves have an even more incompetent attack than we do

If Deano wasn't good enough, need we say more?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

You can't honestly think the referee was the reason we didn't win tonight?

We've created nothing, given them the space of the pitch whilst looking completely clueless for 90 minutes. Poor refereeing decisions but not the deciding factor tonight.

It wasn't, but at 1-0 it just ruined the game. I don't think that was a 3-0 game.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So just to clarify gerrards record against all three promoted clubs

1 point out of 9

0 goals scored

5 conceded.

Embarrassing pathetic and a sheer disgrace.

Honestly i think he has been our worse ever premier league manager 

Worse than sherwood mcleish and even garde. Even bruce was bettee than him.

Fake news. We scored a wonderfully crafted goal against Nottingham Forest. Young’s goal was all down to our hard work on the training ground.

A few more moments of magic and we’d be close to the top 4.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Only way he can earn some redemption for me would be during his post match interview. Announce resignation and admit you're not up to it. I'll respect that.

Come on now, no one is walking away without being paid, upto our board now to do right thing 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There is still 3/4 of the season to go. 

We're still only 6 points of top half. 

Get a proper manager in place and there's still plenty of time to turn this around into a half decent season. 

Every further match he's here is a game placing us in serious danger of relegation. 

Opportunity for a cup run as well. 

• Like 1

Â