Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

25 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Which pundit said we just have to win our next 2 and we’re ‘looking’ at 6th? Because I see Forest within 3 points of us and we’re only a point ahead of Southampton. Leicester are bottom and look terrible but finished 8th last season.

We’re in big trouble.

the king of the win rate

Sherwood Tim Sherwood GIF - Sherwood Tim Sherwood Tactics GIFs

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

I think the best result would be a draw as it would surely spell end of the road for Gerrard as much as a loss. (Taking our 10-game league form to W L L L D W D D L D or 10 points from a possible 30).

I just can't "want" us to lose to Fulham no matter how hard I try. But a draw should do it.

I genuinely think there's no way NSWE let Purslow keep him if we can't beat Fulham.

Thing is we really need the points against relegation rivals. Would rather Chelsea tonked us 9-0 and we then beat Fulham than we kept it respectable but still can’t pick up these crucial wins.

OMG, Lennon gets sacked by Omonia for not hitting their Europa League targets? And we're still stuck with Gerrard?????? There is no justice in this universe, I tell you.   

Former Celtic boss Lennon led Omonia to Cypriot Cup success in May.

Last week they came within seconds of earning a 0-0 draw against Manchester United in the Europa League.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, smg said:

Just seen the so called pissed in a pub pictures. Looks a few years younger and clearly not pissed. Villa fans embarrassing themselves again sadly. He may not be our future but some of the twitterarti need to grow up. As do their disciples.

Absolutely agree.

There are plenty of sticks lying around to pick up and beat him with about his managerial capabilities.

I don't care if the picture was taken five years, five days or five minutes ago. As long as he isn't hurting anyone, I don't care.

Mind you, the baby looks like its saying to Stevie " Hey Steve. Empty my nappy. I got some more of those tactics suggestions for ya. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I read one or two places that Poch supposedly doesn't want to take a job before the WC.   If we're after him and that's the case, they may be delaying sacking SG while they work on convincing Poch and see if they can get him after.  I can see them deciding it's better to keep him on than have Critchley as interim manager for 6 matches.   Even if the bit about Poch waiting until WC is rubbish, it's probably likely that they're still trying to line him up if he's the first choice and won't pull the trigger until either they've got him or have decided to move on to another target who will then have to be convinced and, in the case of Emery, get compensation sorted.

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

I read one or two places that Poch supposedly doesn't want to take a job before the WC.   If we're after him and that's the case, they may be delaying sacking SG while they work on convincing Poch and see if they can get him after.  I can see them deciding it's better to keep him on than have Critchley as interim manager for 6 matches.   Even if the bit about Poch waiting until WC is rubbish, it's probably likely that they're still trying to line him up if he's the first choice and won't pull the trigger until either they've got him or have decided to move on to another target who will then have to be convinced and, in the case of Emery, get compensation sorted.

Hmm...

If Gerrard is going to be replaced, is there a point in keeping him till the replacement comes in?

Put Critchley in the job as temporary for a few weeks. That way everyone knows the decision is made and we can move on/up.

Last night had me thinking today was going to be the day and it turned out to be nothing but disappointing and refreshing google every minute of the hour… what the hell are we waiting for just pull the trigger now! Why wait for any more fixtures to pass by.

Edited by RicRic

15 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Last night had me thinking today was going to be the day and it turned out to be nothing but disappointing and refreshing google every minute of the hour… what the hell are we waiting for just pull the trigger now! Why wait for any more fixtures to pass by.

Probably wrapping up the signing of his successor (I hope). Also give him more rope in the meantime. Fail to beat either Fulham or Brentford or both, and he can't have too many complaints. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, est1874 said:

I think the best result would be a draw as it would surely spell end of the road for Gerrard as much as a loss. (Taking our 10-game league form to W L L L D W D D L D or 10 points from a possible 30).

I just can't "want" us to lose to Fulham no matter how hard I try. But a draw should do it.

I genuinely think there's no way NSWE let Purslow keep him if we can't beat Fulham.

I don't actually want us losing matches, I just want the clueless chancer gone....

0-3 up at half time

3-3 at full time

Another clueless second half where he gets out managed.

Will that do?

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't actually want us losing matches, I just want the clueless chancer gone....

0-3 up at half time

3-3 at full time

Another clueless second half where he gets out managed.

Will that do?

How about Fulham down to 9 men after 29 minutes with us a goal up from a calamitous goal keeping error.  We still can’t score a second and concede the equaliser with 10 minutes to go and finish the game just hanging on for a draw?

• Like 1

Cannot believe they are giving him another game... 

Couldn't beat the worst team in the league. Couldn't beat a 10 man Leeds.

One of the worst xG in the league. 

No data suggests we're improving or are likely to improve. 

Neil said this on the last episode of the "For the Love of Paul McGrath" podcast which I reckon is probably true. The club are gonna keep Gerard in the job till they can nail down the new manager. The longer they leave the gap between firing Gerard and hiring the new guy, the longer the club will be crucified for "not giving Gerard more time" by all his mates in the media. If they can shorten that gap as much as possible, the focus will be on the new guy.

As much as we don't care about that, perception definitely matters to the club. 

Â